Wrong HD

If it's to fit inside the pc then sadly davellbond's suggstion will not help as there is not sufficient space.

So are you replacing the IDE drive inside the lappy because it is faulty or just becuae you require a larger drive capacity?

If it's to fit inside the pc then sadly davellbond's suggstion will not help as there is not sufficient space.

So are you replacing the IDE drive inside the lappy because it is faulty or just becuae you require a larger drive capacity?

it depends on the pc case size, in my dragon case, i have 2 dvd, 2 ide hdd and 1 sata, you just have to improvise.

even in my ibm, i have managed to get another drive in, shielding it from shorting with a piece of paper

also if its not the guys primary drive he could just get a usb caddy

Last edited:
it depends on the pc case size, in my dragon case, i have 2 dvd, 2 ide hdd and 1 sata, you just have to improvise.

even in my ibm, i have managed to get another drive in, shielding it from shorting with a piece of paper

I assume its for a laptop. If so there will unlikely be anywhere to plug the power adapter in, and 2.5" hard drives use 44pin when talking about IDE not 40.

Last edited:

also if its not the guys primary drive he could just get a usb caddy

As little_pob and I have noted , a lappy is quite clearly mentioned in the opening post and hence my comment. It just won't fit no matter how hard you try.

Also the product mentioned in link in the orginal post will not either as it is also clearly stated

" Suitable for POS Systems (will not fit into most laptops) Great for all Mini Computers that use 44 pin IDE connector and require an upgrade to new SATA 2.5 Inch Drives.

I have asked the question re replacement of faulty IDE or just a requirement for additional drive capacity as if its the latter then he can use the sata by buying one of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-2-0-to-ID...photoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

It's a usb device that will allow you to attach most HD types to a PC, lappy or othewise.

Thanxs to u all......ordered a new HD and a 2.5" caddy for the one i got that wont fit. HD was for a eurovox PVR.

Ajwoodsie

Back