Write Protected Image

P4TCA

'Stupid Scottish White Guy'
Reaction score
I am trying to add some new channels to my friends box as he was being charged £20 by the guy who sold him it, however the image with ip 192.168.1.24 has been modified and I cant ftp my new services and bouqets to it. The tmp folder has benn erased and I can't even reach it using IFA. So I thought I would do a scan and there and save the channels that way. There are many different options from the sportser Iam used to and I can't ftp my brute force file. The scancable provider option has 6952 ( fec 0 -9) cable bf fec9 around 20 scan options in total and other scantp.---- options.

Has anyone any idea which options to choose or how to get sportser on the box.

Off to bed brain damage!

Change the IP of the box in the network settings to the IP you want.

Flash a new image to the box using IFA, not only will it solve this problem you will have the most up to date image and a better and more stable picture. Search the forum for gavs new image and download Liams tut for the flashing instructions.

de_deej

You may have picked me up wrong, The smartftp sees the box but will not let me transfer to it transfer failed message. IFA is not working the ip adrress is 192.168.1.24 in the network settings but when using IFA it is seeing it as 192.168.254.202 I have tried mucking about with no luck. Is it possible this image has been write protected or any other ideas?

Cheers guys.

Using your remote change the ip of the box to 192.168.254.202
then try ifa again.

IFA assign a own IP to the box only for the flashing procedure and if IFA assign 192.168.254.202 your network card on the pc has a IP in the range 192.168.254.x .
If you completly boot up your box and the IP from the image become valid 192.168.1.24 don't match the range 192.168.254.x .

@mgb
p4tca says he cant flash a image to it using ifa because its using the default ip 192.168.254.202
so it would not do any harm to change the ip of the box to match the default ip ifa assigns to the box.
its worth a shot
he can always change it back if it dont work.
apologies if i am talking b*ll*cks.

For IFA the IP of the image doesn't matter because the image don't boot up and cannot overtake the network device.
IFA looks up the IP of the pc network card and assign x.x.x.202 to the box. The x's come from the card IP. If the card IP has 202 in the last field IFA assign 203 to the box.

@mgb
Got ya,
brain has'nt kicked in yet, heavy night last night.
should have known that i stand corrected.
Apologies once again.

Thanks for the replies. Went back to basics and it worked on second boot. I tried it about 800 times last night to 1.30 in the morning. Maybe it's a tempremental box or maybe I'm an eejit.

Cheers guys

Back