Would this work?

I cant see why not if you get tv aerials that cope with the right frequency for the network you are on. 3g may be a problem there.

Ham radio aerials may be better, but more expensive.

It may not be a vast improvement, but may be just enough.

I know some Orange phones come with a 'UMA' technology that uses the arial on broadband/adsl routers in your home or caravan to boost your mobile signal. Not much help I know but might open a few avenues to investigate.

Yes hoppy m8 it would work and having spent many years in the mobile industry. on the techy side, I know PC and he is a techies techy. But as PC explains it might not give you the result you are looking for unless stood right next to it or pluggin it in directly to the moble. Would love to see the interfact for that!

Yes hoppy m8 it would work and having spent many years in the mobile industry. on the techy side, I know PC and he is a techies techy. But as PC explains it might not give you the result you are looking for unless stood right next to it or pluggin it in directly to the moble. Would love to see the interfact for that!

He he he am tempted to try this one just for the hell of it Tech.
Thanks for the replys guys..

Ma dad has a caravan that has a poor mobile signal due to a hill at the rear and trees all around and struggles to get one bar but if you walk 50 yards it goes up to nearly max power..
A saw this and wondered if it might work?

Yes it would work, its basically a passive repeater. you would need to get a bit of height on the rooftop yagi and have it pointing in the direction of the mobile antenna. If you do a search on google its pretty easy to work out element lengths for a yagi array at mobile frequency and make your own aerials. . .

You could then make a different aerial for the bottom one, that wasnt so directional, maybe some form of dipole. This would give a slight degradation in signal, but would mean you wouldnt need to stand directly under the internal aerial to get a usable signal. . . Making aerials is lots of fun and so satisfying, especially when they work. . .

Back