wots with the flashing lights

dragon25slayer

Inactive User
Reaction score
it has just started happening on my c**ned modem but i aint got the n*l logo so i dont think it has taken an update (i think) can anyone answer......has it happened to anyone else can i fix it please help?!!

Its the latest approach to stop cloners only way round it is to change mac but expect ya modem to go down every half hour or so its a bit of a c*nt this one it appears to be ip related notice if you boot your modem while its not connected to your pc the lights dont flash but as soon as its conneted through ethernet or usb its like a disco ball.

I am having the same trouble. I have the update done on the modem but it keeps going off every 20 minutes then when I reboot the modem it continues to go off constantly and then eventually starts to work again!
My theory is "are they looking to update modems, if update is not successfull are they stopping access some how?"

I think it may be more devious than that. Has anybody tried usin a mac off their own gateway to see what happens? I wonder if the normal rules still apply can somebody try it out im in a tw area.

capdan said:
I am having the same trouble. I have the update done on the modem but it keeps going off every 20 minutes then when I reboot the modem it continues to go off constantly and then eventually starts to work again!
My theory is "are they looking to update modems, if update is not successfull are they stopping access some how?"

I can say its not that mate...... Ive tested it today

I`m using a mac from a subb modem from my gateway on a non updated 200 ....! the subbed is not on and this prove`s there no probs with my hardware....
and the longist ive had a modem on

I rekon it something to with clonners are all using the same mac`s as its becoming hard to find them........ or as ive noticed anyway im sure bennboy will bak me up ere

or mac not being able to run outside there gateways for to long..

Last edited:
i thought it would be a matter of time before wewould all run out of high mac addesses?
And start clashing on the same gateways/
I never scanned for that long maybe 2 days and would get 2 at the most.
I got a high mac on a sb5100e it's not as fast as when i used it on an ambit and it did say something about SW upgrade Failed after download - Incompatible SW file.
well its a 120 mac.

I couldn't get sigma working so i'll try this fro a while.
at least no worrys about it being updated as its just plug in the blackcat and its back to normal.

You know my daughter does temping.
She got a job for the company that make the software to zapp the modems.
I should have went to the pub with her in the evenings??
You never know what i could have found out??

ive started to get this problem the last 3 days with a sb4200 in pure ntl

Thanks guys, I am going to scan for macs and traid to see if a different mac helps. that is if my modem stays up for long enough

Back