Worth spending out for VU+ box

john1986

Inactive User
Reaction score
Members do you think worth for me to buy VU+ box i dont want to splash out over £400 this time next year sly could stop all these card shares

Members do you think worth for me to buy VU+ box i dont want to splash out over £400 this time next year sly could stop all these card shares

Its the chance you take m8
All part of the game :)

A vu is definitely worth it. The best box I had by far.

Vu+ all the way mate. Good support, EPG, Twin Tuner. Worth Every Penny :)

Vu+ all the way mate. Good support, EPG, Twin Tuner. Worth Every Penny :)

If your that worried about losing that amount of money then you could always get a a cheaper dream box which will provide the channels but obviously you won't have the extra functionalities that the vu+ can provide. A compromise so to speak

Vu+ duo is a great box.
If your only sticking your toe in the water so to speak then perhaps a dm800hd clone which you can get for around £130 ish would be a good starter box and when you have more confidence then get something with more functionality.
Wizbit77

if youre worried about spending around £400 for a year, then a real sly sub, minus a few of the premium channels, will 'only' cost you ~£400, and you wont have the headache of finding a good server, having to programme the box, making sure the epg keeps working, buying a HDD, formatting and mounting it, learninng to ftp and telnet, etc etc etc

linux receivers are no longer 'the hobby' that they once were, if you cannof afford to risk loosing every penny you spend on the receiver, within an hour of receiving it if you are going to 'rely' on a dodgey card share server for your viewing, then DO NOT buy the receiver. card sharing could be killed while your receiver is in the back of a couriers van on its way to you, and you wont get a refund from the seller because card sharing doesnt work any more

have to agree with digi i think over the years we have all accumalated half a drawer full of cards cams that were ok while they lasted until the newer ones came out
nothing is quaranteed in this game and if you have only got a fixed dish pointed for uk then you need to way up the price of a proper sub sly were doing some 75% off and 50% off deals for new customers or old customers coming back and that was working out to i think about £27 a month so about £320 for the year and you get the twin tuner box hard drive and card prob new dish lnb and cable all installed for that price .
we know this is a year one deal but cs could finish next month no one knows but compare that price to the price of the duo a decent cs sub that will allow you to use one line on a duo some require half as much again or some say you need two lines then your dish and instalation etc and the genuine sub is cheaper so could be worth a phone call to them to see if any more of those deals around if just looking for uk

Sattelite recievers are vastly overpriced for what they are...400 quid ? This is comparable to a the price you can buy a Intel Core i3 based laptop..which much more higher spec hardware in terms of raw CPU speed and performance, Memory, GPU etc...
This is partly why the clone market is so big, same hardware over 50% price difference with DM clones anyway, Gap is not that big with a VU DUO now that prices have been cut because the newer recievers are here and German resellers have lower prices than the UK.

Back