Worth repairing?

Just shop around. I haven't picked an xbox in almost 9-11 months since I moved onto PS3 and still got my Dual NAND MW3, Dual NAND GOW3 and Jtag falcon. Yet still some how I got onto gumtree yesterday noon and managed to pickup 3 x 360's of two which working but just have faulty DVD drives with the 3rd one having RROD and still the woman I bought it form thrown in an original xbox but without leads all for £20.

I only took the damn thing as I wanted to RGH an xbox for my brother in law for helping around our new house, 2nd one will be probably RGH and sold for dirty cheap. Would love to get the original xbox working and modded as well.

Ended up getting rgh console only for 66quid just debating whether to use external usb hdd or buy a new 1TB internal 2.5 hdd? Does it make any difference?

Depends on 3 factors (a) convenience (b) running old xbox games (you'll need an internal HDD with 2 portions to hold the original xbox emulator files in) and (c) cost.

In brief, I'd say if you can afford it then go for the biggest 2.5" you can squeeze into an standard 360 hdd caddy.

Ended up getting rgh console only for 66quid just debating whether to use external usb hdd or buy a new 1TB internal 2.5 hdd? Does it make any difference?

Depends on 3 factors (a) convenience (b) running old xbox games (you'll need an internal HDD with 2 portions to hold the original xbox emulator files in) and (c) cost.

In brief, I'd say if you can afford it then go for the biggest 2.5" you can squeeze into an standard 360 hdd caddy.

I have a 2.5 100Gb Wd hdd already but apparently only certain types will work? "Hddhackr 1.40 will only work with the following Western Digital drive series: BEAS/BEVS/BEVT/BPVT/LPVT/BEKT/BJKT/BPKT/BUDT/HLFS/BLFS ? You can not use another make of hard drive for this hack, it has to be one of the supported Western Digital drives." Is this old news or is there an alternative guide for hdds on xbox S slims?

Just saw a youtube video on how to remove the old hdd from the fat 360 hdd casing and put into the slim, if i put my old 120gig hdd into the slim, will it just work straight away? and can i get to anything saved on it before like my old profile and saved games etc?

Using old HDD will work no problem. The drives only have to be a certain make if using online. Any 2.5 drive will do for your rgh though

Ok its all up and running got loads my questions will create a new thread

Back