Worth repairing?

Kips

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ive got a XENON board flashed samsung ms25 with Lt+ 2.0 360 and it worked fine for month or so then died with the RROD last year - finally got round to repairing it - cleaned up board and replaced the thermal paste but still RROD, could be board solder apparently. Is it worth spending £35 to get someone to fix it up (gives 6 month warranty) or just buy a newer one which i can read up on exploiting?

probe be easier to get it fixed m8

but it you know now to flash them and have the equipment to do so i would get a new one ......

few members on here that can flash one for you m8 :)

what type of fix for £35 reflow? reball?

personally i wouldnt bother with a xenon. would pick up a second hand slim and glitch it or get it. xeon is an old console and would probably just keep breaking anyways.

A reball will make it better than new but as said with a xenon its not worth it. I'd say get a working slim second hand (if possible an older version so the drive is easier to flash).

If its a reflow its 100% not worth it

He couldn't repair it anyway, told him he could just keep it for spare parts. I've just got loads of games on verb dvds burnt and never touched :( Thinking off getting one of ebay, theres a xbox 360 Slim RGH Console - Whats the most you guys would pay for 500GB HDD 2 Gears of War controllers includes Kinect Sensor and tv mount?

He couldn't repair it anyway, told him he could just keep it for spare parts. I've just got loads of games on verb dvds burnt and never touched :( Thinking off getting one of ebay, theres a xbox 360 Slim RGH Console - Whats the most you guys would pay for 500GB HDD 2 Gears of War controllers includes Kinect Sensor and tv mount?

Look on the bright side. It's a perfect excuse to get a slim. I'd recommend a coolrunner or whatever the latest variant is.

Ok not been monitoring prices and looks like it will go around 150-200quid

An rgh slim with no PSU etc should be around 70-90 with PSU and HDD Id pay around 120

yeah plus 500GB HDD, 2 Gears of War controllers includes Kinect Sensor? 150-160ish?

its up to 190 now - way too much i think i'll just buy a standard 360 S and then experiment myself!

Try and get an older one. What do you want it to do? Just flashed like your old one or rgh?
Ask about there will be cheaper. Try tx forums, normally people selling consoles on there as well

Theres a guy on ebay that does rgh 360 slim console only preloaded with freestyle dash and xex menu - for about 70quid - so i dont have to mess about with soldering etc - i just need to get powerbrick and hdd.

70 sounds alright but HDD will be about 10-20 and same with power brick I'd guess but look around maybe pick the power pack up cheap enough in a 2nd hand shop

AC Brick Adapter Power Supply for Xbox 360 S Slim UK Mains Charger Cable 135W £11.95
Xbox 360 Slim (1000 GB) Hard Disk Drive HDD Internal For Microsoft Console £64.90

You don't need an Xbox official HDD. As its rgh any HDD will do (2.5) but if its for a retail Xbox then you would need a western digital HDD or an official one

oh could i just use an external usb hdd?

You don't need an Xbox official HDD. As its rgh any HDD will do (2.5) but if its for a retail Xbox then you would need a western digital HDD or an official one

If you wanted yea, internal is cheaper but if you have an external lying about then your sorted. Can't remember which way it needs formatted though. Then you'll need an ftp program (I use filezilla but there's others) to transfer your games to the console

If you wanted yea, internal is cheaper but if you have an external lying about then your sorted. Can't remember which way it needs formatted though. Then you'll need an ftp program (I use filezilla but there's others) to transfer your games to the console

Even better i have an old 1TB hdd full of films which i don't need anymore due to streaming off apple tv.

I think you can format it to 2 partitions so you can use it for both :)

Back