Worst Thing to Happen to your Pets

Evastar

Inactive User
Reaction score
We have had quite a few pets over the years. We had a dog that got hit by a car and crawled home with his guts hanging out before dying on the doorstep, but the worst was a pet rabbit i had, his hutch had chickenwire across the front and there was a wild cat living under a massive rose bush in the next door neighbours garden.

The cat used to come into our garden all the time and stalk the poor little rabbit anyway, to cut a long story short we got up one day and the wire had been ripped off the front of the cage and the rabbit was gone. We found his tail in the neighbours garden at the edge of the bush :(

You should of started with house plants you don't seem to be having much luck with pets really.

I've looked after my sisters Golden Labrador a big dog a few times. she never once mentioned to me that it took fits.

one day it started to take one. the kids were in the room it kept trying to stand up it was banging into coffee table and other furniture really scary stuff, tried to calm it down, it banged into a glass that was sitting on the floor and split it's self open. so we had blood all over the place kids screaming, and me on the phone trying to get transport and find a vet open on a Sunday in Glasgow.

used to have tons of pets when I was a kid at one time we had a Dog, 2 cats a rabbit a tortoise a budgie, goldfish, hamster was fun trying to keep them all apart,

one time the cats teamed up and attacked the budgies cage it fell over the bird got out flew into the window hit the floor and the dog bit it. managed to save it tho.

You should of started with house plants you don't seem to be having much luck with pets really.

The dog and rabbit were both when i was a small child living with my parents. Actually so was the hamster lol

Since moving out from my parents we have had one dog that lived for 12 years, a cat that is now seven and quite a few fish lol

Dog 5 years old had a nose tumer, took fequent nose bleeds, seezing fits, constant noose leeakage. Flipping most horriable thing ever.

Night before he got put to sleep he was having the worst sneering/bleeding fit i'd ever seen, ended up lieing on the floor with him and claping him until he fell asleep as he wouldnt calm down :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I've looked after my sisters Golden Labrador a big dog a few times. she never once mentioned to me that it took fits.

one day it started to take one. the kids were in the room it kept trying to stand up it was banging into coffee table and other furniture really scary stuff, tried to calm it down, it banged into a glass that was sitting on the floor and split it's self open. so we had blood all over the place kids screaming, and me on the phone trying to get transport and find a vet open on a Sunday in Glasgow.

used to have tons of pets when I was a kid at one time we had a Dog, 2 cats a rabbit a tortoise a budgie, goldfish, hamster was fun trying to keep them all apart,

one time the cats teamed up and attacked the budgies cage it fell over the bird got out flew into the window hit the floor and the dog bit it. managed to save it tho.

sounds like one lucky budgie!

We have had guinea pigs for years and bred them upto a few years ago, the last lot of pigs the female had we decided to keep, 2 males, 2 females, when they were about to become sexually mature we split the boys from the girls and put them in with the dad, one of the little uns reared straight up to the dad, but after a few minutes they all seemed to be happily running around together.

I woke up the next morning and figured i'd go and check on them to see if they were all ok, i opened the bedroom compartment to the hutch to find the little fella dead, not only dead but completely headless! seems the dad really didn't take a liking to the poor little thing (or maybe i should say he did take a liking to the taste of him):Yikes:

Last edited:
When i was younger my mom bought me and my brother a russian dwarf hamster each, from a friend. The friend assured us they were both female.
We soon found out one wasn't when we had six baby hamsters in the cage.

We had them for a good 6 months and then we went on holiday, my brothers friend was meant to come and fill up their food bowls every few days but like most young lads he forgot. So we came home and checked on the hamsters who seemed to be doing fine, the two adults were anyway, they had just put on a bit of weight. We couldn't find the babies & after searching everywhere we gave up.

The adults died soon after..

Turns out the little cannibals had eaten the babies because they were hungry!!

Last edited:
I've not had many pets, up until about 12 years ago any ways, now we have 4 cats and seem to have been lucky, but we don't let them out, they are pedigree and have never been out roaming.

But we have just had to massage one of our chickens because it was egg-bound. The mrs looked rather silly with a bowl of warm water massaging this chicken. But it did the trick and it laid a massive egg, poor thing.

My dad had bought my little sister 2 bunnys. Well me and my younger brother were in the garden and the rabbits looked hot so we filled a paddling pool up with cold water and chucked them in lol. Didn't know they would die of Pnumonia lol. Made a nice Curry tho on the night ;)

we had a cat but the mrs ran it over... women drivers.
It was an accident, cat was a house cat and escaped and hid under the car.

m8 of mine bought a small purse dog, that got eaten by their cat though while it was a puppy... all it left was its paws!

My sister in law was walking her tiny little dog on a leash through the streets.

Coming in the opposite direction was a local Greyhound keeper with two of his racing dogs, both unleashed.

They both launched at her wee dog and tore it in two like a christmas cracker.

When I was a kid, a couple of stray dogs were having a wee bit of nookie in our garden. My mum saw them and filled a bucket of cold water and tossed it over them. The bitch dragged the male backwards for a few meters then there was an almighty excruciation howl as they broke free, there was also a flushing sounds as about a pint of blood came gushing out of one of them. I'm not sure, but I think the male dog's willie nearly got torn off.

Last edited:
my 7 year old boxer just had his nuts off...
now he sits there , legs spread . looking at the missing bits, then looks at me hahaha
i feel guilty as hell

That's a bit old for it isn't it chris? Don't they usually get it done when they're younger?

yeah but we got a 3 month old bitch...so one of them had to get it !!!
the dog is really healthy , so we decided for him to get it lol

When i was younger my mom bought me and my brother a russian dwarf hamster each, from a friend. The friend assured us they were both female.
We soon found out one wasn't when we had six baby hamsters in the cage.

We had them for a good 6 months and then we went on holiday, my brothers friend was meant to come and fill up their food bowls every few days but like most young lads he forgot. So we came home and checked on the hamsters who seemed to be doing fine, the two adults were anyway, they had just put on a bit of weight. We couldn't find the babies & after searching everywhere we gave up.

The adults died soon after..

Turns out the little cannibals had eaten the babies because they were hungry!!
You never told me that before thats quite funny haha

I used to have a tortoise when I was a kid.

The cantankerous old duffer who stayed underneath us rattled it with his walking stick and asked "is it real"?

It died the next day, so me & my mates filled up a bottle with pish, threw it at his door, rattled the letterbox and then ran away.

Times were simple back then...nowadays I would have just nutted him.

Back