Worlds largest swimming pool

Curly

Inactive User
Reaction score
In between Bro and Mairyhinge. Hold that thought..
Anyone seen this??? I don't think I could do many lengths of this !!!

Chile’s new San Alfonso del Mar resort boasts the world’s largest outdoor swimming pool. It’s over a kilometer long and cost an estimated $1.5 Billion USD to build. It’s the size of nearly 6,000 standard swimming pools and is filled with 250,000 cubic meters of salt water. There’s also an indoor climate controlled beach and ferries to shuttle you from one end of the giant pool to another.

http://waycoolpictures.blogspot.com/2008/04/worlds-largest-swimming-pool.html

Curly

Blooody hell, that looks absolutely amazing!!!!!:banana:

That's it, i'm scraping all my money to go there!:proud:

On a serious note, that seems a bit excessive, no need for something like that is there?

how would they keep it clean, bound to have the odd floater in there by now

Blooody hell, that looks absolutely amazing!!!!!:banana:

That's it, i'm scraping all my money to go there!:proud:

On a serious note, that seems a bit excessive, no need for something like that is there?

Maybe the sea is full of jelly fish lol

It looks like all the hotels share it, possibly all 5 star too.
There even looks like room for another hotel on the far right hand end of the pool.
I wonder how much it costs to stay there??

Curly

Couple of laps before breakfast..........Suppertime before you finish (if you do finish).
HH.

Crikey! That's a big pool!! Surely it would be easier (and cheaper) to swim in the sea?

Crikey! That's a big pool!! Surely it would be easier (and cheaper) to swim in the sea?

There's no Great White Sharks or Killer Whales in the pool. Well I've not spotted any yet.....lol

The sea off the coast of Chile is a dangerous place.

EDIT: Hold on! Whats that in the corner of the pic? whatever it is, it's ate the turd....pmsl

Last edited:
Back