woohoo got my compo from Easyjet

jaffa

Inactive User
Reaction score
I got stuck in Portugal during ash cloud for 3 extra days...its was terrible having to bake in the sun, drink beer and have a swim in the pool when I got too warm.

I claimed 292 euros off Easyjet and they refunded me 289 euros, they took 3 euros off for an extra beer I had with my meal...lol. They did allow one drink each, whether alcoholic or not.

I thought they would have a meal limit of about 25 euros per night but the receipts I had where for 44 euros, 36 euros and 51 euros and I only claimed one lunch of 9 euros and they paid that, they also paid for my hotel for the extra 3 nights.

Nice one Easyjet.

Before anyone thinks I ripped them off and the ash cloud wasn't their fault (I agree it wasn't their fault), but it's the law and they must pay up. They had the option of getting insurance on things like the ash cloud and they decided not to.

Nice one mate the ash cloud wasnt their fault but it wasnt yours either :proud:
It's like a little piece of justice for easy jet having your pants down over luggage. I got stung for 50 quid as they said my hand luggage hung outside that little basket they provide even though it actually did fit in the bloody thing. Karma
Well done

Nice one mate the ash cloud wasnt their fault but it wasnt yours either :proud:
It's like a little piece of justice for easy jet having your pants down over luggage. I got stung for 50 quid as they said my hand luggage hung outside that little basket they provide even though it actually did fit in the bloody thing. Karma
Well done

You know gasman that is a real bug bear with people, I believe it depends who is on the desk, I have seen people carry on huge bags as hand luggage and also seen others having to force their bag into the basket. I took hand luggage in a small case before (no issues) and my daughter used the exact same case going to Nottingham, going out she was fine and coming back they charged her £22...wtf ???

Anyway...they have gone up in my estimation over this, no arguments, no bargaining, they just set it out in an email fully explained.

mines is a pint with Morgan's spice chaser.:Cheers:

or I'm grassing you up, telling them you got your Icelandic-Irish contacts to place some C4 in volcano, Eyjafjallajokull,

nah well done on your windfall. lol

Well done jaffa :Clap: :proud:

But i beat that ,the Mrs and i had 8 extra days all inclusive with Thomas cook in Icmeler, Turkey at the end of April in a five star hotel.
Life is such a bitch laying in the sun drinking free beer and eating free a la carte aint it ? :proud:

I can't believe you only had 2 beers with yer meal :banana:
Nice result mate, glad yer sorted.
HH.

I can't believe you only had 2 beers with yer meal :banana:
Nice result mate, glad yer sorted.
HH.

Usually only 1 pint with meal, tbh I prefer to drink water with my meal, then hit the beer after the meal...:proud:

Back