CD & DVD won't copy ??

dabs

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all
bought some dvd's for the kids for xmas, had no probe doing a back up of 2 of them, but the 3rd one just won't copy, have tried dvd santa,clonedvd,iso buster, rat dvd, dvd shrink, dvd xcopy all to no avail, is there new copy protection being used, if so anyone know what prog to use, always back up kids disc's as they always trash em
thanks in advance for any help/pointers

do u have anydvd running ? gets round copy protection ,also have u tried making a TS file onto ur pc ?
open my computer
right click the dvd drive
click open
drag to desktop
worth a try :)

there is a new version of slysoft's anydvd available, for the new protection, which i believe so far was only put on St@r W@rs III, which was a chapter jump protection.

well worth investing a few quid for the slysofts products, i did *cough...ahem*

Try making an image or iso of the dvd with dvd decrypter, then change the mode from 'read' to 'write'.

Imo dvd decrypter is great for backing up your original dvds, stops the kids using the originals as frisbees!!lol

sorted

the film is christmas with the kranks
yes had any dvd running in the background (latest version)
tried dvd decryptor
but found a prog that will copy it but not shrink it(still playing)
the prog is dvd fab decrypter
seem to bypass the protection cheers guys

tried it

gary tried that with iso ket coming back as a fault but sorted now looks like a lot more dual layers will be bought till I can tweek it lol

sony keep s releasing the arccos and other protection, but anydvd finds the protection and eliminates it in each new verion they release.

notes taken from slysoft site: New: Added support for a new version of the Sony Arccos protection
as found on "Stealth" R2 (Greece) to the option to remove
"Protection based on unreadable Sectors"

highlanders right m8, i use anydvd and clone dvd 2. have no probs.

benny...

best to use decryptor first to take off all the protection, then use dvd shrink if file to big, then use the best of the lot,nero

Back