Women gamers 'more competitive' than men

NL7

Inactive User
Reaction score
The new chief of Oberon Media has said that women gamers can be more competitive than men, thanks to the growing popularity of the casual games sector among females.

"My experience at MSN and Xbox Live is that women are as competitive if not more competitive than men, except that they just don't want to spend or have the time or learn 'up-down-X-X-Y-Y'...They don't want to deal with that," Don Ryan told GamesIndustry.

The games boss, who also claims that most users of casual games would rather use a PS2 than a next-gen console until prices come down, said his firm may release titles on the PlayStation Network or WiiWare.

"What we're going to try to concentrate on are a set of core platforms, then we'll partner with people for expanding the distribution of our intellectual property across other platforms," Ryan said.

"Ultimately, what you are going to see is the PS3, the Xbox 360...as the price curves comes down, you are going to see more and more casual content."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a98622/women-gamers-more-competitive-than-men.html

meh, I used to work for this company - they had the same line 18 months ago and still couldnt shift games to the fairer sex.

Maybe it had something to do with Topless Pillowfight, I'm not sure...

That guy was out his face on crack.

Girls more competitive my arse!

Pah!
kitty

casual games companies have been trying to push the whole "girls like games too" thing for years and never really had much success. You can see nintendo still trying it now with the DS on some games.

I honestly dont know any females young or old who have actually bought a mobile game, let alone something of XBLA.

I know a few girls that have been caught by Nintendo's constant DS advertising, but they only bought it to play with the puppies or 'train their brain'.

I don't know any that went out and bought any other games.

However I do know one woman that after seeing my 360 playing Guitar Hero she went out the next day and bought and Elite complete with Guitar Hero and she is totally addicted to it, she is actually considerably better than me at it. :)

She also purchased Rockband on release day, the full kit.

My other half completed call of duty 4 and is further on in grand theft auto than iam she also like playing the wii

Back