Phone Unlocking Withheld number retrieval

Geronimoe

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hiya, I have heard that it is possible to retrieve withheld numbers on some networks. If any one can shed light on this i would be grateful. I am sure it would be handy for a lot of people to know who is calling you.

yes i would love to know how too do this! I need it!

Com'n people!!! HELP!!!

hi people, this isnt exactly what you are looking for, but if you are on NTL you can try this to block sad and sorry people from giving you dodgy phone calls.

Stop Anonymous Calls
To stop calls from people who are deliberately barring their number dial * 227#.

To cancel this feature and reaccept calls from deliberately barred numbers, dial # 227 #.

To check if the feature is in operation dial *#227 #.

any 1 know how to stop annoymous calls on BT?

This is free for N*L, Im in the Northwest and it is for me anyway. The same service is available for the other phone providers and apparently you do have to pay.

If you get alot of these sort of calls and really want it, phone your telephone company and ask them for it then kicking up a stink over there been a cost will more than likely end up with you getting it for free, espec if you are on smellywest.

If not, maybe its worth the small charge for the peace of mind you will get and imaging the face on the c*m stains who are phoning you when they get the your call has been rejected message.

madeinbeats said:
hi people, this isnt exactly what you are looking for, but if you are on NTL you can try this to block sad and sorry people from giving you dodgy phone calls.

Stop Anonymous Calls
To stop calls from people who are deliberately barring their number dial * 227#.

To cancel this feature and reaccept calls from deliberately barred numbers, dial # 227 #.

To check if the feature is in operation dial *#227 #.
yes that one works if u fone up ntl and tell them u want that service it is free as i have it myself

does this then stop all calls with number withheld?? on nthell also

Yes mate. Would you like me to try and get you some more info on it...

www.n*l.com/home/telephone/tariff.asp

Copy this linto into a browser window. Replace the * with a 't' first though(was gonna post an active link to the page but then thought twice >_<) and enter your post code on the page that opens, press continue then click on the link that says 'Welcome pack (including guide to your telephone service) for your region'... this will open a pdf file. All the info on incoming and outgoing call barring is contained in here - plus lots of other info you may find useful.

Last edited:
dont work on ntl south says service is not available on this line ?
I cant see any section for barring incoming calls that dont display numbers all i can see is to bar all in comming or all out going m8

Last edited:
I get the same in Notts

DessertDog said:
dont work on ntl south says service is not available on this line ?
I cant see any section for barring incoming calls that dont display numbers all i can see is to bar all in comming or all out going m8

Umm, maybe this is becasue you have to pay for the service and have to phone them to activate it so they can alert you of the cost, at a guess !?!?! I did read somewhere that it is free to customers in the northwest, I cant find any official info on that though so I dont know...

If you really want it, phone them and enq. If there is a cost tell them you cant understand why customers in the northwest dont have to pay for it and you do, its not fair, blah blah blah, want to complain. Becasue really, it isnt fair... If they are giveing you some long winded spiel interupt mid spiel with these words; CAR - PHONE - WAREHOUSE... :proud:

Good luck...

madeinbeats said:
www.n*l.com/home/telephone/tariff.asp

Copy this linto into a browser window. Replace the * with a 't' first though(was gonna post an active link to the page but then thought twice >_<) and enter your post code on the page that opens, press continue then click on the link that says 'Welcome pack (including guide to your telephone service) for your region'... this will open a pdf file. All the info on incoming and outgoing call barring is contained in here - plus lots of other info you may find useful.

You've lost me here mate.....You've titled this thread 'Withheld number retrieval' and yet nothing in the link you have provided contains any information as to find out how to get the number of someone that has withheld their number....and the reason why this information isn't available is because you can't, otherwise there would be no point in withholding your number....Thats the whole point of it.

And for those of you that want to stop anyone phoning your landline who has withheld their, just ring your provider and ask them to stop any incoming calls that have their number withheld....don't forget that some compaines are dialed through a switch board which means there number doesn't come up anyway although they haven't withheld it, so how this would affect your incoming calls from buisness's I'm not sure but it's worth asking them about this.

tina said:
You've lost me here mate.....You've titled this thread 'Withheld number retrieval' and yet nothing in the link you have provided contains any information as to find out how to get the number of someone that has withheld their number....and the reason why this information isn't available is because you can't, otherwise there would be no point in withholding your number....Thats the whole point of it.

And for those of you that want to stop anyone phoning your landline who has withheld their, just ring your provider and ask them to stop any incoming calls that have their number withheld....don't forget that some compaines are dialed through a switch board which means there number doesn't come up anyway although they haven't withheld it, so how this would affect your incoming calls from buisness's I'm not sure but it's worth asking them about this.

No, no, no, no, no... I didnt originaly make this post. Story goes we were gettin some bizzare phone calls from an ebay seller with a lose wire who didnt like getting avergage feedback for crap products. SO, i looked into how you can get a withheld number and found out you cant, but found you can instead bar incoming calls where the number is withheld.

I thought thats some cool info, maybe some of the folk on DW would like to know this. I searched the forum and found this info hadnt been posted before, but found this post by someone with a similar situation to mine. I made a post in General chat about this and also thought I would post the know how in this tread aswell so the dude who started this thread would know how to atleast stop the calls.

Hope we are all on the same page now... :silly:

madeinbeats said:
No, no, no, no, no... I didnt originaly make this post. Story goes we were gettin some bizzare phone calls from an ebay seller with a lose wire who didnt like getting avergage feedback for crap products. SO, i looked into how you can get a withheld number and found out you cant, but found you can instead bar incoming calls where the number is withheld.

I thought thats some cool info, maybe some of the folk on DW would like to know this. I searched the forum and found this info hadnt been posted before, but found this post by someone with a similar situation to mine. I made a post in General chat about this and also thought I would post the know how in this tread aswell so the dude who started this thread would know how to atleast stop the calls.

Hope we are all on the same page now... :silly:
l think l would edit my feedback and leave one twice as bad m8 , thats harsament if his phoning u up ..

smirnoff_rules said:
l think l would edit my feedback and leave one twice as bad m8 , thats harsament if his phoning u up ..

Already did mate. After I left 2 average and 1 neg for the crap he sent me (I was being fair), he in retaliation left me 3 negative's... Followed up the feedback I left, but people are still buying off him... P*sses me off but what can you do.

madeinbeats said:
Already did mate. After I left 2 average and 1 neg for the crap he sent me (I was being fair), he in retaliation left me 3 negative's... Followed up the feedback I left, but people are still buying off him... P*sses me off but what can you do.

Firstly, you've missed led peeps with the title of this thread. 'Withheld number rerieval' basically what this is saying is 'you can get information in this link to retrieve someone's number that has been withheld'

Secondly, with regards to the phone calls, get on to ebay tell them whats been happening and they'll sort it mate.

tina said:
Firstly, you've missed led peeps with the title of this thread. 'Withheld number rerieval' basically what this is saying is 'you can get information in this link to retrieve someone's number that has been withheld'
Ahh, we could argue about this next week matey, but I posted what I did becasue the guy sounded in a simillar situation to me. Wanted the number of someone phoning his line. Second best solution was blocking people holding their number from calling him. :proud: Sorry if I got your hopes up that the link was about someting else but I think if you read the whole post then you would have realised.

tina said:
Secondly, with regards to the phone calls, get on to ebay tell them whats been happening and they'll sort it mate.

Nah, cant be arsed. The guy is obviously abit of a twisted fruitcake. I beleive in kama and I think he'll get his in the end. Also, I take comfort that I can see the worth in been a pr*ck and he cant, poor fellow... (still like to stuff my fist down his throat mind).

Back