Wiring Help

Bumblefoot

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok wife and I split about 8 months ago. I took my Plasma, external amp and surround sound speakers. I've been trying the last 2 days to get sound from speakers thru amp but no joy. All worked at the ex's but she had Sky HD box, don't think this should matter, I don't have anything other than Freeview thru analogue aerial. I've tried every combo of HDMI /RCA cables but nothing, yet the test function on the remote lets me hear sound coming thru the speakers, it goes around in a circle until I stop it so amp and speakers are working. I've tried my Xbox360 but still only getting sound from TV, the amp is a Pioneer VSX 519V model, any help much appreciated as I'm pulling my hair out.

How are you connecting your TV to the amplifier? Does it have an audio/optical out?
How are you connecting the Xbox to the amplifier? Direct to the TV or connecting the sound wires to the amplifier?

ignor this post

im asking stupid questions

How are you connecting your TV to the amplifier? Does it have an audio/optical out?

It does have an optical out but I can't find the cable, I bought it by accident years ago, it's unopened, if I can find it should I be using that?

How are you connecting the Xbox to the amplifier? Direct to the TV or connecting the sound wires to the amplifier?

I've tried the xbox with the hdmi cable straight to TV but obviously even using another hdmi cable back to amp doesn't work, I've tried xbox straight to amp but I can't find my other audio cable that came with it to go to TV

Thanks for the help, I went into the loft, found that optical cable I bought years ago, took it out of the packet and the surround is working, result :jumpinghappy2:

Back