wireless router with content filtering

Magik

Inactive User
Reaction score
I need a wireless router with content filtering ability.

I have used the netgear router with parental control features and although it does the job i am not too fond of netgear. I beleive some of the linksys routers have content filtering but as i have never played with this feature i dunno if it will do the job.

Can anyone recomend a decent wireless router with this sort of facility?

Basically my aunt needs a wireless setup for her new internet line, but she doesn;t want to give free reign to my cousins who are of the delinquent teenage years.

the internet provider offers content filtering but it doubles the monthly internet cost so it just aint feasible. I have also offered her the option for netnanny, but this has its flaws as well as in the kids might be bright enough to find a workaround to it. The router option is the best in my opinion so anyone any suggestions?

Advice very much appreciated.

Hi magik

I've only seen routers that filter against the URL:
If "badstuff" is a keyword, then h**p://www.picturesofbadstuff.com is blocked.
If ".com" is a keyword, then only sites with other suffixes (like .edu, .gov, etc) can be accessed.
If "." is a keyword, then all Web sites are blocked, etcetera, etcetera.

I think the maximum is about 250-300 words, if this is the type of thing your looking for, then many different companies make routers like this.

[DLMURL]http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=311229&cks=PRL[/DLMURL] heres one.

I personally have never used any of these, so I can't actually say if they work or not.

Hope this is of some help

Yoinker

Last edited by a moderator:
Back