wireless router/modem/printserver

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
i jsut bought this wireless router/4 port 10/100 auto sensing switch/adsl modem/printserver also 108MB super g in the place to be make me a tea lmfao

it was 77 quid with delivery i think i got a bargain but wont know until i turn the fooker on lol

so here for the questions ;)

how does this whole wireless work with the range and everything ?

does all cards act as a point and will increase the network range or does it work directly off the super dooper router and whatever range that covers ?

ill be honest i have not been a fan of wireless and managed to get it interneting but not sharing files etc....

with the printserver does that mean i can just plug the printer (i bought an r800 will this be ok for the server as its quite new ?) right into something on the modem lmao.

any other things you can suggest to keep in mind about this new toy ?

and if i cant plug my dreambox into it im gonna smash it lol

Regards
Mickie D

dutcho gets 54 replys and i get none :(

and i was starting to think you all liked me lmfao ;)

come-on its not that difficult a question is it ?

Not an expert as u can tell from my post...lol however everything will run thru your router which will act like a sort of server for all your pc's. Im running wired and wireless and have a media woreless dongle streaming mp3's downstairs to hi fi + a wireless dongle in boys room + 4 in my study all running on same network...not sure about printer server tho m8, do u have usb connections on router for it??

yeah it has usb for printer server ;) ... im hoping i install the drivers on my machine and it kinda runs to the PC's from the wireless or switch

how long these fookers on ebay take for a holiday i want my router now !!!!

pmsl i cant wait to plug it all in and watch the magic lol.... yeah right like it will be that easy lol

:proud: :proud: XP does most of the work for you when it comes to setting up your network but from experience i would be very careful with the security setting as i ended up with a virus which flooded all my ip addresses at once which was great fun.

Its pretty simple once youve done it

Don't know nufing about dream box, but for this hi-tec (almost) gadget, yep.. u plug in your printer to it.. usb.. then in the computer's that you want to to have access to this printer, you can configure it via the router control panel.

As for other computer's finding this printer, you just need to get into the "add new printer" ==> network printer , and click search and hopefully your r800 shall be found in the shareable printer.

luvly juvly..job done :)

:Cheers:

Back