Wireless network and lan

rizla3066

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi dont know if this in the right section but i am after getting my wireless network lan and my ntl cable internet workin together,,, ive tried bridging the conections but because my wireless network uses a proxy im havin probs anyone know how i could solve this please let me know cheers :Cheers:

Yep. You are in the correct section!

So, what hardware have you got? Are you using a router or an Access point? Have you also got yourself a Wireless Network Card? How many computers are you trying to configure in this wireless network?

If using a Wireless Router, then an ethernet cable should be plugged in from your NTL Modem/cable box into the wireless routher. You have to have a Wireless Network Card on your PC(computer) to talk with the Wireless Router.

But before it all works, you shall have to set up your router with two sets of IP addresses.
1. The local network IP address (normally use 192.168.0.1)
2. The Dynamic IP address that is supplied to you via NTL.

Lets see what setup you have got so far and take it from there.

k cheers kms m8,,,, right here goes at the moment i have ntl cable modem which is pluged into my comp via ethernet cable to lan card,,,, then i have got my wireless network which is 802.11 system which comes in via its own pci network card,,, this is on a proxy server set up in internet options,,,, yes the wireless is on an access point,,,, i dont have any routers,,, hope this is the info u need cheers

yeah spikeman this is my set up,,, i have free 1 meg broardband off a local community network which is wireless i have an arial on my roof for it wich comes in via a cable to a cisco wirelss pci network card,,,, this is set up on a proxy server wich is set up in internet connections i also have to use a firewall client on this using the same proxy address to access file sharing networks,,,, i also have a n*l modem on 1.5meg now this comes into my comp via a ethernet cable into a pci network card,, as u will know on internet settings in lan settings u have to set it to automaticaly detect settings,,,,, i am running windows xp pro,,, can i get them workin togetrher or not so i get a total of 2.5 meg???????? all help appreciated

Back