wireless LAN 4 Dream?

Mark_The_Yid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there any way you can connect a dreambox to a network wirelessly?

something like THIS i think would work

I want something like that, would work for the 360 as well i hope. i think it would actually be used but at the moment I cannot justify spending 40 quid on it

Last edited:
a bit pricy,

get a 2nd router and use the WDS or get a buffalo airstation and flash with dd-wrt and use the WDS, this is what i have done and works great and have excellent wifi all about my home

router here

edit, lol posted as postd this never seen cheaper option.

Mark,
Which box are you connecting- your 7025 or 500?
Reason i ask is the new LT5 image for the 7025 has WLAN functionality using a WLAN USB stick.
Sticks with Zydas ZD1211B & RAlink RT73 chipsets are supported apparently.

Mark,
Which box are you connecting- your 7025 or 500?
Reason i ask is the new LT5 image for the 7025 has WLAN functionality using a WLAN USB stick.
Sticks with Zydas ZD1211B & RAlink RT73 chipsets are supported apparently.

I've actually just replaced my 7025 with a 600 which is the one I am trying to connect. Got rid of 7025 due to persistent cam issues.

If you router support wireless G then it supports B as well.

I would say that you might find B not quick enough to stream video (I assume that is what you are tring to do). Stick with at least G, its not much extra.

Have a look at this thread. It's often cheaper to go with a full router with custom firmware than a dedicated wireless bridge device. Plus you get a lot more options (multiple devices connected, dedicated firewall etc).

edit: Just ssen Kruger's answer, and this is essentially the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a look at this thread. It's often cheaper to go with a full router with custom firmware than a dedicated wireless bridge device. Plus you get a lot more options (multiple devices connected, dedicated firewall etc).

edit: Just ssen Kruger's answer, and this is essentially the same.

interesting thread. I think I'll give that a go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back