wireless bollox lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
been trying to get internet through my network via wireless cards all night with no luck :(

i can connect them and it says connected but no internet and no network browser.

you think my gear maybe faulty ?

i installed wingate and without going right through it their is alot of settings so im playing.... cant get the wingate client on the lappy as i dont have a floppy to get it on :(

bit stuck really

mickie can you access the router from the brouser using 192.168.1.1 if so make sure all cards etc are on the same channel and "g" enabled that is if that is the protocall you have then let me know the settings

FFS i just started the ICW or something because these stupid cards diable ICS and use thier own software which is pants by the way

except it told me all local networks around my area... cheeky bugger i was trying to get free internet ?

anyway i got the internet working now via the lappy and im pleased :)

its an old thing im gonna give to my boy... but whats a good Anti virus that uses low resources as this is a P3 700 slow as you like fooker ;)

nice one allroad here is another one i have 54MB cards why have i got a 11MB network ?

cheers all ;)

well im sitting in the kitchen with no wires ... i do like this alot just need to get a wireless router and i be happy as a kid in a candy shop ;

signall low.. but chris said that might happen i will see if i can sort out an extension aerial from ebay :)

cheers all get me 54Mbps connection and i will be even happier

Regards
Mickie D

mickie im wireless here at the mo as well mj is in bed getting 54 but this main comp is only getting 24 BTw are you "b" or "g"

i got a all g network cards ?

cheers for any ideas ;)

Point 1....good old wireless has autofall back, so if you have a iffy signal on 1 comp, it will slow the whole network down to compensate...

With Wingate, you do not need a floppy to set up the client? Not with my version anyway

you install it on the server, and set it up as a server.

then install it on the clients, and they search for the searver and set it up as a client.

there was not need for me to alter any settings as it just worked.

PS windows ICS is wubbis....

WIFI polava

Hi M8,
I have wifi installed with no hassel at all.
If you haev managed to get it working Mickie, then i would recommend turning of brodcast "SSID" and also enabling encryption, preferable WPA-PSK...since this changes the "Key" required to access ur network all the time.....you just need the pass phrase on an inital connection..but once that is done, just sit back and surf the big blue world!

Baz

cheers people i do like the wireless network its great laying on the bed watching tv and having the laptop working aswell ;)

would like to get my network running at 54MB though as its going at 11 and should be 54 ?

also how do i turn on this broadcast "SSID"

if i take the laptop into the kitchen i can pick up another wireless network called "nutbush" lol and its not using encryption ?

i tried to connect but it was disconnecte.... is that someone elses network ?

Regards
Mickie D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back