Windows xp

yes I have but as you are new to this site, I suspect once I provide what you want, you will never come back.

Once you have adequate posts then I may consider fulfilling your requests

yes I have but as you are new to this site, I suspect once I provide what you want, you will never come back.

Once you have adequate posts then I may consider fulfilling your requests
nice 1 but sorted thanks

Hi All,

Came across an old Dell latitude Laptop,
thought it was dubbed so haven't touched it in years, however started straight away today.

its running XP,
is it worth my while trying to update as it seemed ok, would just be for word processing

Cheers

Tam

I still Like xp, it should be fine to carry on using it, if you plan to use the net make sure to have an up to date virus scanner and a firewall and you should be fine not always easy as a lot don't support it anymore.

If you give the model no. we might know better whether it will run windows 7.

Last edited:
cheers @sneaker I'm a mac user with the exception of work, snd thats updated by them so have no idea what's best
its a latitude D820

T

Looking at the spec, it looks like it has 1.8 ghz or above processor so depending if you have 1 gig + memory I would say it should run Windows 7 ok, if you want to.

This page HERE seems to have some drivers for windows 7 home if you decide to upgrade as Dell don't support it themselves. You may find with a later version of Windows 7 with sp1 it finds the drivers for you anyway.

Last edited:
Brilliant, Cheers all
its got a couple of GB ram so will look into the windows 7.

cheers for the link also, had looked online but with no success.

Make sure to go into device manager and take a note of which graphics chipset and sound card you have and Dell or intel wireless adaptor, it will make getting the right driver easier if windows install doesn't find them. @leahyt8

Win 10 LTSC should also work

cheers Guys,

will get onto it at some point in the next few days
appreciate the help

Back