windows xp

thebigyin

Inactive User
Reaction score
AT THE EDGE OF LIFE WE ONLY GET ONE CHANCE AT LIFE
my wee boys PC is running very slow and i don't have the windows xp disk to put the windows back on to his PC are they anyway i can get a fresh copy of windows xp to go onto his pc ..as my other 2 PC has got the operating system built into it by perssing f12..but my wee boys pc doesn't have that what other way can i give his pc a fresh install of windows..

yes i was looking at the torrents but they say that the activation code doesnt work after 3 people use it ..do i just download it and burn it to a disk like a music album ,movie etc
Edit
im just downloading from a torrent the now so hope it works when i put it onto a disk

Last edited:
it usually downloads as an rar files then unrars into an iso which can be burnt with serveral programs including nero.

you could try this thread https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/232633/ but its windows 7

cheers huggi I'm just downloading xp the now from a torrent when i got the pc for my wee boy windows wouldn't download the net framework 1.0 etc and it just got slower and slower i think windows was not installed properly when i got the pc

Last edited by a moderator:
what do you burn to the cd disk to put windows xp pro onto my wee boys pc..is it all the folders or is there a certain folder..also is it data or image as i was trying it with power 2 go but it didnt give me the option of image ..this is the folders i have got when i downloaded windows xp pro..any help would be great as im not getting anywhere and my wee boy keeps nagging to get his pc fixed
RKi04535.bmp

Burn the lot as data should to it.

i tried that mate and it was going fine until it rebooted the pc to start installing windows then it was stuck on insert the CD into the drive and when i did put the CD into the pc it said please wait then nothing happened it just went back to insert the CD into the drive

i tried that mate and it was going fine until it rebooted the pc to start installing windows then it was stuck on insert the CD into the drive and when i did put the CD into the pc it said please wait then nothing happened it just went back to insert the CD into the drive

You've lost me a bit now mate, you said it was going fine and then asked you for the cd, then you put it in?

Did you copy the files to the PC and then run it from there?

Last edited:
You've lost me a bit now mate, you said it was going fine and then asked you for the cd, then you put it in?

Did you copy the files to the PC and then run it from there?

i copied it as data on the CD then put it into my wee boys pc and the CD opened up as folders i double clicked the set up one from the pic above and it asked if i wanted to upgrade or install windows Ive tried the both (upgrade or install windows) but it will go through the to the reboot of the pc to install windows then just say to put the CD into the disk drive and press enter

What you have is the files on the CD but you cannot create a bootable CD from these. The downloads really should have ended up as one large ISO file around 600MB in size. I am wondering if the person uploading just created a RAR of the disc contents not a CD image ?

If you can, go back and try and grab a different copy.

Thebigyin, grab the attached file, it'll make a bootable USB drive from your Windows image.

Then just tell your Bios to boot from usb, sit back and let it install.

BTW Winrar will see an .iso file as a rar file (as an iso IS a compressed file), so you are probably opening the .iso file and not a rar.

What you have is the files on the CD but you cannot create a bootable CD from these. The downloads really should have ended up as one large ISO file around 600MB in size. I am wondering if the person uploading just created a RAR of the disc contents not a CD image ?

If you can, go back and try and grab a different copy.
i will try another one mate ..the size of the file is 538MB that i downloaded

Have you switched off the options in windows explorer to 'Hide extentions for know file type' that way you can be sure if you have downloaded a ISO file.

Back