windows xp help

jammoboss

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all

i just booted up and all my icons by the clock have dissapeared and are replced with 4 bars, these bars do nothing when i double click on them.

I was using ntlguard still and windows came up with auto updates turned off, reccomend you turn them on etc. but it wont let me.

i cant even get task manager

strange thing is on system restore there is no previous dates to restore to, why have they all disapeared?

p.s i have noticed the ntlguard has dissapeared from the desktop but the folder is still there but not working.

anyone help?

Last edited:
the restore points have probably gone awol due to someone or something telling windows to stop maintaining them. They take up a lot of disc space, so quite often people are advised to disable this option to save on disk space.

As for the strange icons, it seems like you have a fairly serious problem there. I am not familiar with ntlguard, so I think this is all the advice I can give.

Well, can you access your files and stuff or does Windows not allow you to do that either?

If you can't get into Task Manager, and you don't have any restore files, then you may be left with no option but to do a fresh XP install...

yeah i was thinking of that but theres so many files to back up, these bars are changing all the time, 1 min theres 2 then there 5, i can excess the files on the desktop or through the start menu but the icons by the clock wont let me click on them, task manager isnt coming up at all, i unisalled ntlguard and now programmes are automatically starting.

I turned it on this morning and i had limwire start up and give me an error, also a google earth loaded, wierd.

Im now getting this on startup "EXception Processing Message c00000a3 Parameters 75b6bf9c 4 75b6bf.

i looked it up and theres several reasons mainly anti virus or spyware software

could this be a virus, after looking around on google, i keep finding this regarding related problems, unknown virus COMUSTUIDLL.EXE.

Yes it could be, if you are able to open up a virus scanner try and do a full computer scan and see what comes up.

If windows doesn't let you even do that, your best off with a re-install.

even though i had ntlguard and zone alarm, i apparently have 3 serious viruses and 18 high spyware.

I think ill just backup everything and start fresh AGAIN

ntlguard is fecking useless how can they say its worth 40 quid
if i was you delete it and all traces of it cos its a ball*che,if you cant get shut all traces reformat if possible and get avg much better then *** sh*t
and its free

i hope this helps....

toaly agree your best bet is to reformatt your hd as it could have affected your registry and even if you get rid of the virus that would still be affected. then download the free avg as it realy is the best to use.

Back