Windows Vista

sfuk

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey Everybody

I decided to install Vista on my laptop so I thought I would share my experiences with everyone. The copy I installed was home basic.

The install went very smoothly and very fast. Vista installs very quickly on my laptop as opposed to XP which take a month and a day. After a couple of reboots, I was in windows. On updatnig vista with the latest service pack I started to install software.

Everything installed fine. No wobbles. I turned off the UAC and changed the start menu back to classic along with the control panel and turned off windows sidebar. I think these are a waste of resources. UAC was just annoying popping up every 2 miniutes. Connectss ok with my wireless network and is very user friendly.

The only problem I sometime have is it decides to freeze every now and then while it catches up with what it wants to do. Have not had it crash once. Copy is a legit copy as well.

As far as basic home user, internet, music, and general use vista is a fairly stable system.

for those using it for more advanced processing then i would still reccomend windows XP

so if you are thinking of taking the plunge or know of anyone else then hope this helps

Total out of 10 I give it a 6.

SFUK

alright sfuk...

windows vista is deffo better than XP.. it entirely depends on your hardware..

have you updated it with the Service pack 1 ??

I have vista home premium and it works perfect..

as long as its a legit copy than there shouldnt be any problems..

the freezing issue usually relates to over useage of system resources, normally low ram or a laptop or system using an AMD processor..

if you can post your system spec then possibly we can do some jiggery pockery..

yes i have to admit that i get on Very well with vista , i have 4 pc's at home 2 running vista and 2 running xp , and i'd much rather use that vista machines

Back