• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gez

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mines arriving soon, so do i or don't i install

I think there are still some that are struggling with drivers for wireless cards and the like, especially when installing on laptops.
I was the biggest critic of it m8, but had it running now for a couple of weeks (yeah I know... WOW lol) but it's been perfect.

The last driver I was waiting for was the Epson driver for my All-in-one that has now been released so it's all good :)

same as above really . having slight problems with networking .. hard to get remote access working , might be worth waiting a few weeks , but l couldnt lol . runs smooth though

same as above really . having slight problems with networking .. hard to get remote access working , might be worth waiting a few weeks , but l couldnt lol . runs smooth though

tbh, I found the whole networking "thing" a bit mysterious. I guess that we're all used to the setup of XP, but I'm just glad that I didn't have to set up a wireless network with this.

Everything seems to be too user friendly, with none of the nitty gritty settings to tweak. Oh yeah, there'll be there, but hidden behind multiple menu choices.

Its like XP was in its day, compared to 98SE its a whole different setup.

If you're like me, you like to fook about, its a challenge. But if you need everything to work NOW and you've no other pc's in the house then maybe waiting would be the best option lol

l think its important to move with the times and with operating systems more that anything , we'll be one up one on most people and by playing around u might be years in front , just another toy to master and its a very safe program , well it must be l cant network into it lol

I only got XP a short while ago and I'm enjoying how much smoother running it is than ME was - so I'm well behind the times!

I only got XP a short while ago and I'm enjoying how much smoother running it is than ME was - so I'm well behind the times!
before u know it people will be saying do u remember that xp windows .. times move on fast now

mmmmmmmmmmmmm so far its hit or miss but keep voting cos it may help others with there decision.
i think i will install it and hope for the best
Thanks guys an girls for your comments so far

I voted to wait. That is because i have it but when i ran the upgrade adviser
it was showing a few drivers like my lexmark printer,hi def sound drivers needed upgrade. It gives you a link to check these on the web but some drivers i need will not be released till next month and some don't have a date.
But you could try the adviser yourself and if it OK then you could go for it.

Yeah, try the update adviser,

Also, if you have time and the skills try getting a pirated copy of it, install it on a partition and use it for a few hours, if it all works ok then wipe that partition on install your legal copy.

I am using Vista and even though it looks better I would advise waiting for some fix packs. My wireless connection does work with one of my routers but the other router connected to my NAS drive does not work and I've spent a lot of time trying to get this to work. I'm thinking of putting XP back on the laptop and using Vista only for wired connections.

think it might be worth waiting for the first service pack to be released to iron out some of the bugs

Windows Xp install + 2 service packs +65 security updates and still it has issues ,
I beta tested Vista and to be honesst why wait ,most driver issues can be worked around with compatability mode and check out the Aero theme it Rocks

Why pay to beta test Micro$oft products, wait till at least SP1. Vista is also more strict on drm etc. So all your drm removal stuff may not work, decrypting etc. People even have probs installing Microsoft Office on Vista. One of my customers was going to buy office 2007 because he thought office 2003 was not compatible. Turns out to be Known issue solved by installing as admin + a registry hack. You need to hack the registry to install their own product.

The stuff about keeping up with the times is ignorant, I work in IT and a lot of admins I Know still use 2000. It's much quicker, look at the number of services that run in 2000 - XP - Vista. If you already use/have 2000/XP and want to slow your machine down install Vista.

I'm holding on to XP until they stop supporting it. Vista LOOKS good and all but seems too bloated and resource heavy. XP is all good for me. Does everything I need it to and no hardware or software issues.

i am running it with no real problems i have wireless and it installed very easy
didnt even have to put drivers in
the only thing it wouldnt run was a tv card and that is because it is an old analouge but every thing i have connected to it
extranl hdd pen drives
even the programs all went in
and i have office 2007
hmm a cheap copy and that runs perfect
as well

so go for it

Make an image of your current installation and then install Vista. If it doesn't work 100% then it'll save you having to reintstall all your apps again.

vista

hi i have been told of to install vista and thats from MICROSOFT employe

what i have done is just install vista on a seperate hard drive and just have the option to boot up in xp or vista at the start..........simple

I am using Vista and even though it looks better I would advise waiting for some fix packs. My wireless connection does work with one of my routers but the other router connected to my NAS drive does not work and I've spent a lot of time trying to get this to work. I'm thinking of putting XP back on the laptop and using Vista only for wired connections.

snap m8 in the same boat lol

Back