Windows Vista

do i install vista or not

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i was also a critic too,but it's been spot on for me and wireless card on lappy etc was alreaddy spot on. the hardest part i found was finding a good antivirus that was compatible with vista.

the way i look at it is xp will become the 98 is now(obsolete) and vista will be the new main one replacing xp so u might aswell get it on now as future things made will probably require vista to run

Install is 32.26 %
don't install 9.68%
wait is 51.61%
forget it 6.45
seems most would wait for the fixes to come out,I am gonna install and be dammed lol. if it goes pearshaped you will hear my scream.

ive installed vista looks great especially the 3 d bits , i had all my drivers working , but i had probs with the leatest version of nero , which worked on xp no probs so i would wait for a while personally .

ive installed vista looks great especially the 3 d bits , i had all my drivers working , but i had probs with the leatest version of nero , which worked on xp no probs so i would wait for a while personally .
then u didnt have the latest version on nero mine works ok

mine is nero 7.7.5.1

Well its in and seems to be running ok,not tested everything yet but no apparent conflicts etc.hope it is a good install with no problems.
update
just had to search for sonic driver update,did that thru google "sonic with vista driver" and sorted in 10 minutes. everything else seems fine cept avg which won't load all the bits but gonna try that again later. i like it ,got a few more bits an bobs.
avg sorted now yipeeeeeeeeeee.
thanks again davish for helping with avg

Last edited:
quoting Blackbeard
"Why pay to beta test Micro$oft products, wait till at least SP1. Vista is also more strict on drm etc. So all your drm removal stuff may not work, decrypting etc. People even have probs installing Microsoft Office on Vista. One of my customers was going to buy office 2007 because he thought office 2003 was not compatible. Turns out to be Known issue solved by installing as admin + a registry hack. You need to hack the registry to install their own product...etc "

All operating systems have issues with some program, suprised you didnt mention that you can always load the compatability drivers if it came to it, and i work in IT to , not on an old win2000 system, i left that behind 2 yrs ago.
I love the remark about win2000 and the admins that you made, this probably explains why its the most widely hacked operating system on the planet. Upgrade isnt necessary i agree , but what u get here is not like the switch from winme >> winxp Vista has superb graphics engine, also is far more secure ,this is just 2 reasons , there are many more ...so i guess its down to the user what they want
You can see by my website i founded www.rainbowcrack-online.com i know what im talking about when it comes to security,

Back