Windows Vista won't boot with XP installed

Satz

Inactive User
Reaction score
My Set up is my Harddrive in 3 Partitions. 2 of them are Windows XP and i installed Vista on the 3rd one.

Hey I just got Windows Vista to try out, and I'm incurring a problem where I select the partition and install Windows Vista. Once the set up asks to restart the PC it restarts as normal and it brings me back to my original OS selection menu with my Windows XP os. The set up should continue with Windows Vista but there is with no Windows Vista in sight.

Anyone know a solution for Windows Vista to work it would be appreciated

is there enough space on youre drive and is the partition formatted in the correct format.i had same problem so i just formated my drive into ntfs.try it mate

I dont think you can multiboot windows vista with other operating systems on there.

you can with seperate h/drives.
I've got the following and installed it in that order

windows xp
windows xp 64bit
vista 64bit

when i boot my pc i get 1 of 2 choices if i want to load vista or a older operating system, selecting older operating system i get a choice of 2 again windows xp or windows xp 64bit.

u can try installing it direct form dvd instead from inside windows , plus check whats the situation in boot.ini

FOR PEOPLE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH VISTA , AN EASY WAY AROUND THIS IS TO DOWNLOAD THE vISTA TRANFORMATION PACK VERSION 6 , LOOKS AND SOUNDS LIKE VISTA SIDE BAR, IM @ WORK SO CANT SEND IT BUT AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD OF THE TORRENT SITE.
REGARDS BIFFO

u cant multi boot from 1 hard drive

with vista

if u got vista on different hard drive and other operating system on another

then it will work

and its always best to use the cd and install by bootin from cd

and select hard drive

Back