windows not installing

sempi

DW Regular
Reaction score
i have a pc my mate gave me, i think he tried to do something to the bios (he won't admit to it though)and then it stopped working the problem is it will not let me install windows, i have tried 2000 and xp but keep getting file could not be copied almost always starts at drmclien.dll and all files after that
I have put in another hard drive and memory and also changed the cd drive in case it was not reading the discs properly but have run out of ideas
anyone any ideas what i can do next

thanks
the motherboard is 867AS if that helps

Hmm..this sounds like a bit of a bugger...I think it could be the BIOS has Anti-Virus boot sector protection turned on...You could try clearing the CMOS & restore defaults, see if that lets you in.. Or go & get the latest BIOS, flash & clear, see if that helps..Is this the mobo HERE?

Have Fun

lone.gunman said:
Hmm..this sounds like a bit of a bugger...I think it could be the BIOS has Anti-Virus boot sector protection turned on...You could try clearing the CMOS & restore defaults, see if that lets you in.. Or go & get the latest BIOS, flash & clear, see if that helps..Is this the mobo HERE?

Have Fun
that looks like it m8, can i just download latest bios onto disk and install when pc boots up? never done this before

Pretty much...you'll need to make sure the BIOS is set to boot from floppy first..

P.S: just seen your next post..I'll have a look see what I can find

Have a look [DLMURL="http://www.jetway.com.tw/evisn/index.html"]HERE[/DLMURL]
Official site, downed off it no problem m8y :)

Don't forget you'll need to get the award flash tool aswell, the BIOS files are just the .bin files :)

Last edited by a moderator:
lone.gunman said:
Have a look [DLMURL="http://www.jetway.com.tw/evisn/index.html"]HERE[/DLMURL]
Official site, downed off it no problem m8y :)

Don't forget you'll need to get the award flash tool aswell, the BIOS files are just the .bin files :)
had looked at this site in downloads/mainboard/bios is this the right place? here m8 but cannot find 867AS

Last edited by a moderator:
Before you flash the bios try resetting it first as LG suggested. Look for a jumper on the mobo ( usually near the cmos battery or bios chip) with 3 legs on. On the mobo in pixi writing it will probably say 1-2 normal 2-3 clear. Remove the mains power lead and move tis jumper to 2-3 for a couple of seconds and then put it back to 1-2. Then attempt a reinstall...... If that doesn't work try the reflash.

Back