Win 7 Windows Must Be Reinstalled. An Unauthorised Change Has Been Made To Windows

Spectre

Administrator
Staff member
Jnr Admin
Reaction score
This looks ominous, got backups though.

I haven't done any updates. Firefox has been blue screening me regularly but the only thing I've updated has been a graphics driver.

PC on for a while and I haven't been molested by this message box yet.

I did have 32-bit Firefox installed at the same time as 64-bit a while back (on a 64-bit OS) and things went wrong. The executables were in different directories but after an update (I assume) only the 64-bit one was starting independent on the shortcut I used. FF blue screens me regurarly but I'm due a reinstall. Maybe some mangled registry?

This looks ominous, got backups though.

I haven't done any updates. Firefox has been blue screening me regularly but the only thing I've updated has been a graphics driver.

I was having bluescreens and initially it was pointing to graphics as i had just updated the drivers for it. Run windows memory checker and/or memtest just to rule memory out as it was a memory issue.

I was having bluescreens and initially it was pointing to graphics as i had just updated the drivers for it. Run windows memory checker and/or memtest just to rule memory out as it was a memory issue.

It was happening before I updated the graphics drivers but Firefox had been updating. Firefox seems to have multiple entries in Task Manager.

If I leave the PC for a while after boot it doesn't blue screen, it's like a service it taking too long to start or something.

I'm due a reinstall...

It was happening before I updated the graphics drivers but Firefox had been updating. Firefox seems to have multiple entries in Task Manager.

If I leave the PC for a while after boot it doesn't blue screen, it's like a service it taking too long to start or something.

I'm due a reinstall...

Is testing the memory not worth maybe 30 minutes of your time? I formatted 3 times before i tried the ram test.....

Also you could run the sfc/ scan now too

Is testing the memory not worth maybe 30 minutes of your time? I formatted 3 times before i tried the ram test.....

Also you could run the sfc/ scan now too

I will test it when I get back home :).

Used the basic Windows Memory Diagnostic test for the moment and nothing was reported.

Interestingly, AutoKMS shows as causing errors in Event Viewer :).

Did some digging, are you using Enterprise?

Is your windows still validating? If you used an 'alternative' method to activate windows it could be due to this.

Did some digging, are you using Enterprise?

Is your windows still validating? If you used an 'alternative' method to activate windows it could be due to this.

Yes, Enterprise and AutoKMS.

Stable now but I'm due a reinstall...

if your reinstalling id suggest using Professional ;) Unless you need the extra features offered by enterprise or ultimate :)

if your reinstalling id suggest using Professional ;) Unless you need the extra features offered by enterprise or ultimate :)

It hasn't done it since I reinstalled the KMS. I've been using the same ISO for installs since 2013 and it is the first time I've seen this.

Just got this nonsense again. Suspiciously after using a MS download manager and during the download of Orifice 2016.

Back