windows media center - ??? just a question on speed

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok chaps so got media centre working, thing is every time i go into "movies" all my films are listed eventually, but the box slows down to a speed that you can't use it? i thought it would index the films are something as there's only 1000 on one drive haven't even added the other folders yet, is it the speed of the laptop that i have the hard drive connected too that affects the quality of the "windows media centre" on the 360? or is just the way it is....

i have some folders with like 10 episodes in but they all just get displayed as single movies so on the browser there's like 1500 individual files etc....

cheers

Last edited:
Install media browser on you MCE PC, and make sure that your using your extender over a wired network for best performance.

yeah thansk for that mate, i have it all hard wired, so when i download that onto the pc what will happen to the xbox 360 and media center?

tia.

Google:Media Browser
Media Browser prides itself on delivering a fast, intuitive, media rich experience for the whole family.

After installing media browser on your PC, you will get an option in your extenders menu - use this from now on to browse/play your media. You will have to setup the folders you wish to see in media browser in the media browser config on your PC - use with media scout for the ultimate media center.

Media Scout
Metadata Fetcher for TV Shows and Movies, to be used with XBMC/MediaBrowser

Hope this helps

mate it's brilliant, thanks very much, only problems I'm having are all on my network side of things, i have the HDD drives plugged into a laptop with VISTA on it and it's this that's causing the problems, even though there all mapped and shared on the network, solution, get the hard drives plugged into the main PC or put XP/Windows 7 on the laptop......any way I'll sort it out.

Thanks very much

mate top post thanks, i got rid of vista of that laptop as vista was crap any way and installed windows 7 on it as the main machine to run media center on, and then seen your post regarding the share folders....lol, all looking good and now have me 3 xbox's set up all linked and streaming! cool man, just having an issue with media scout as it keeps telling me that i need netframework 4 installed and it is, so working on it for now though all titles and that are updating so all looking good mate...it's well nice!

Thanks again for your help man rep left!

Last edited:
I had that problem too for some reason... install the latest framework, restart pc, and install framework again, then try installing media scout. odd, but worked for me!

Thanks buddy, for any one else having problems with installing netframwork The problem is that the program points to the wrong version of .Net 4.0...

grab it here if you need it.... netframwork

Thats the full 48.1 meg version.....

could use tversity i find it much faster than mce even over a wireless network.

Back