Windows home server

• Thread starter Deleted member 6259
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6259

Howdy guys ,

Anyone know how to install a .exe (software) onto a hp windows home server i want to add some audio codexs and a dvd software but just cannot figure it out lol.

Cheers guys.

With .exe's you should be able to double click them to run them. Your post is somewhat confusing.

Your telling me its confusing lol Na mate i should of explained it abit better ive getting an hp media server its got windows home server as its OS its one that doesnt have a mouse or keyboard and you control it remotely via another pc.When you go to install a program say an .exe one and double click it just installs on the pc not the server.ive installed a few add ins allready and there easy its just a case of dropping the msi file into the add inns folder and pressing install .But what i want to do is install power dvd but cannot figure out how to.

Cheers john

So when you remote desktop to the server and try to install stuff it just installs it on the local computer?

can you ftp into the server if yes ,,then login then upload the exe file to the server to a dir

then use remotely desktop and goto the dir you have copyed the exe to and exe it

Ok mate ill try that shortly and let you know :) cheers aswell guys just carnt get used to controlling it by remote access its just strange lol cracking bit of kit for me like with having a few pc's like .

I've never used Windows Server 2008 Home, but I have used the superb Windows Server 2008, it is uBer secure and definately not for anyone familiar with none 'Home' versions of Windows.

AFAIK the Home version is much friendlier than the normal edition

I'm drunk and I've forgotten what my point was :)

Lol your right like mate its a great piece of software just need to master it now lol.Using it mainly as a storage server but got it set up for media streaming as well and its mint especially been able to watch my vids away from home though it :)

I'm now using it as my main OS :)

Dual boot with WinXP SP3 as backup, but my main OS is Server2008.

I did have some issues with my Atheros Wireless LAN card but I've sorted that now. :)

Back