windows 7 lost password help

melttc

DW Regular
Reaction score
hi guys

my son has forgot the password to his pc on windows 7 and after spending hours looking for free ways to do it i have drawn a blank , can anyone help please.
i even tried a pay one but it said unable to decrypt password ?

thanks

is it just the windows logon? if so, can you log on under administrator account, goto administrative tools > computer management > users > his username and reset password.

if not then i use nt/xp offline password reset disk, not user friendly as its a linux boot cd but pretty straight forward. ive just done a couple of windows 7 machines tonight for the exact same reasons.

heres a link

Offline NT Password & Registry Editor Review - Password Recovery Software Review - Password Crack ISO Download

is it just the windows logon? if so, can you log on under administrator account, goto administrative tools > computer management > users > his username and reset password.

if not then i use nt/xp offline password reset disk, not user friendly as its a linux boot cd but pretty straight forward. ive just done a couple of windows 7 machines tonight for the exact same reasons.

heres a link

Offline NT Password & Registry Editor Review - Password Recovery Software Review - Password Crack ISO Download

hi mate

thanks for reply yes i think it is just the log on

If that does not do it then Hawk PE (latest version is 43 or 44 I think) will definately do it. Boots into a WinPE environment and has two different password utilities.

Download from usual places.

ive used a few in the past, but some have failed at resetting the password from the SAM account, what i posted is the only one that has worked everytime without fail, xp, vista and 7 ;)

Yeah, there's a great one in Hiren's - can't remember which one - but boot to it.

Back