windows 10 avast and malwarebytes

cactikid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
just checking as just got a second hand pc and was told it had microsoft protection,hmm i would prefare to play safe so asking what others use are using.

cheers i have premium on another pc and needs updating thinking license will vanish when i do upgrade so might try it on w10 first and glad i dont need to buy avast as empty wallet with a receipt is of no use,cheers guys,

eset security for me does the job

other older laptop had old malwarebytes,deleted off laptop,downloaded new version and installed and it still has my lifetime license working,now to put it on this one.

just checking as just got a second hand pc and was told it had microsoft protection,hmm i would prefare to play safe so asking what others use are using.
First thing to do is wipe computer if its not new.
(Maybe new coded RAT in it)

Depending on what your needing computer for..... I use 2 computers, one for downloading and so on.
On that computer i run AVG and malewarebytes with cracked licence.
The other has no anti-malware/anti-virus at all.
AVG is heavy resouce but malwarebytes is not as resoureful in my opnion and very good malware protection. Although will not protect you from everything. Most times people think having security on system protects you.
(Thats not always the case)

:confused:

like a bit Hitman in safe mode, but some keys and patched will triger

Last edited:
nothing important is used on it and bought from local pc shop as an upgrade to my old system,mainly used for forums and deffo for music.even like playing you tube videos that play without stop starting and error non supported cannot play that video.

I use Windows defender and malewarebytes and had no problems so far....

I use malwarebytes and avast internet security. It is a great combo together imo.

Some of our customers use bitdefender and Malwarebytes - I personally prefer Microsoft defender and malwarebytes as you dont want to bloat your machine.

Is there a way to check for a "coded RAT" mate
The obvious places for stuff to run from is temp so I would clear out and files located in %temp%. Another is to look at task manager and check any .exe files that are running. Most would look genuine (touchpad and keyboard drivers etc..) but others are not so obvious and a quick google highlights any bad ones. If i find any, I tend to run malwarebytes first and then reboot and see whats left. Not sure on your IT knowledge so I hope I am not teaching you to suck eggs..

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
The best changes over time, there are some who are usually always in the top contenders -

I usually check on
Code:

I then usually have malware bytes installed but not running, along with a few other tools
Code:
I am aware this may seem excessive but each to thier own.

Frequent backups (a copy of your personal files saved in a different location to the originals) and common sense never fail most of all ;)

I bought 2 years AVG and its the worst thing i did..... blue screens, slow computer in general.

I'd giveaway the codes to the first person to the answer to the question : who is the best on Digitalworldz, but not sure it would be allowed lol

I'd giveaway the codes to the first person to the answer to the question : who is the best on Digitalworldz, but not sure it would be allowed lol

Well, it isn't who deleted my last post, but we know that anyway don't we? :rolleyes:

Well, it isn't who deleted my last post, but we know that anyway don't we? :rolleyes:
Nice to be nice mate.

🤔

Help/advice and opnion does no harm.
Thats what makes DW the site it is.

It could be worse when members do everything nagitive to some requests of info/posts.

(Especially if no tech input)

Sure times move on so quick nowadays.
🙄

Last edited:
Back