Win 10 windows 10 anniversary update Help

spud1966

Staff member
Reaction score
trying to update my pc to windows 10 anniversary update

downloaded it with windows 10 upgrade assistant , every thing passed , cpu , memory , disc space ect

but every time i try to update windows i get a for as 86% and it hangs

left it on all night and still on 86%

disconnected my dvd rom drive , took all usb connections off (even usb mouse and keyboard )

had a Google and found this

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

but still stuck on 86%

this is doing my head in now like lol

and one had the same problem and fixed it ?

cheers Spud ;)

only way i ever install 10 is by fresh install never by updates but the A/U has been very troublesome for lots

I have had issues with the update. It was because there were standard updates that required installing or cancelling before undertaking the win 10 update. If I remember correctly I disabled automatic updates and deleted all of the update files in the software distribution folder on c drive some where. Please double check this info before you delete anything though. I am speaking from memory and may have missed something .

im going to give this a try guys

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

don't want to do a fresh install , will take me forever to put all my programs back on :)

I had no problems on my main machine. I was already running Windows 10 and the anniversary update just downloaded as normal over night. There was no need to re-install windows.

On the second machine I had to force the update by going into the settings and hitting the "check for updates" button but otherwise no problems.

The mrs machine only did her update last night, but again no problems.

My kodi mini-PC also updated with no problems although I had to force it.

My laptop updated itself over the weekend as that was the first time I've had it switched on in over a month.

@Spud click start > update and security >look to the bottom of page > click learn more > click get the anniversary update > follow instructions :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Spud click start > update and security >look to the bottom of page > click learn more > click get the anniversary update > follow instructions :)

Did that ratts m8 cheers

cheers for the help guys

well after downloading the ISO and tried to install it again i got stuck on 86% again

but after booting the pc up again it give me this error code

0xC1900101-0x4000D - The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation

so looks like i will have to disable my Antivirus utility

Repeat the same steps used for error 0xc000021a and also apply the following:

Disable (preferrably uninstall) your Antivirus utility before attempting the upgrade.
Make sure your machine name is simple no periods or hyphens or dashes.
Restart a few times then try again.
Disable General USB Devices (example - Smart Card Reader).
If you are using a SCSI hard disk, make sure you have drivers available for your storage device on a thumdrive and it is connected. During Windows 10 setup, click the Custom Advanced Option and use the Load Driver command to load the appropriate driver for the SCSI drive. If this does not work and setup still fails, consider switching to a IDE based hard disk.
Perform a clean boot, restart then try again.
If you are upgrading using the .ISO file, disconnect from the Internet during setup, if you are connected by LAN (Ethernet) or Wi-Fi, disable both then attempt setup again.
If you are updating through Windows Update, when the download reaches 100% disconnect from the Internet LAN (Ethernet) or Wi-Fi then proceed with the installation.
If that does not work, try using the .ISO file to upgrade if possible.
If you are connected to a domain, switch to a local account.
If you have any external devices attached to the machine, disconnect them (example, gaming controllers, USB keys, external hard disk, printers, non-essential devices).

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of interest- is the update "full of great new features" etc. etc. as M$ say?

Out of interest- is the update "full of great new features" etc. etc. as M$ say?

yes it's looking good

give up trying to update my windows , do just did a fresh install

putting my programs back on now zzzzzzz going to take for ever lol

0xC1900101-0x4000D - The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation

Same as me,I got this every-time I tried to upgrade, unplugged everything eventually installed but no internet, driver missing so went back to win 7 and still no internet, in the end I had to do fresh install of win 7. Nightmare.

anniversary update has messed up a lot of systems screwed with partitions (no fix yet ) among other things
have a couple hear to sort out clean install the best way or bin it completely lol

Back