wiinja solder problem

gopher2005

Inactive User
Reaction score
was soldering a wiinja v2 today all went well tryed it wont boot backups so had a look at solder joints point 5 on the drive the wire has pulled all the solder out and now when i try n put solder back on the joint it wont stick? any ideas im a newb at solderin

sounds like you have lifted a via pad m8, try and trace it back to a trace instead and make good.

These arnt for newbies im afraid, but they represent it as a easy solder solution, it is if you have modded before:Boo:

sounds like you have lifted a via pad m8, try and trace it back to a trace instead and make good.

These arnt for newbies im afraid, but they represent it as a easy solder solution, it is if you have modded before:Boo:

cheers guys im goin 2 solder the wire directly to the board chip leg that the trace leads to but practicing on an old motherboard first

Use a magnifier and light and Digital Volt Meter to trace via

Good luck

: po :

quick tip DO NOT make wires too long and dont take them round near the motor too as the wiinja2 gets too much interferance! that was my first mistake but shortened wires and went shorter route now works fine

you can c traces here?
wiinjaschematic.jpg

pad 5 is the knackered 1 on mine

Back