Wiif Fit - Update Problems

superdon

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all

Got a Wii Key chip and got Wii Fit yesterday.

When I start the game, it asks to update. Its getting stuck about a thir way through. Had this problem in the past a couple of times, but a few reboots and try again sorts it. But, its just not happening this time! Tried leaving it overnight, all day, rebooted loads of times, changed wireless channells to 1 and 12.

Any other ideas?

Its pretty annoying having the new toy and not being able to play it - especially when its legit!!

What firmware are you on? 3.2E is the latest at the moment. Have you updated the firmware through the internet in the system settings? Then run the game update.

Also update your wiikey 1,9s if not already done Highlander has put some updates for the wiikey in the stickies
I have a wiikey and wiifit works fine when I am not using the wiifit board for my dinner tray.

ah so the problem is connected to the chip? i havent got a programmer, so need to get the chip updated i guess.

ah so the problem is connected to the chip? i havent got a programmer, so need to get the chip updated i guess.
you don't need a programmer for wiikey m8.

like xbc said, i have put wiikey updates in stickies section, just burn the 1.9s update to disc and insert it in wii, and let it run, this will update wiikey to 1.9s f/w.

it will do a test run first, then a proper update, so do not interrupt the process.

any probs, pop back in here.

hi
i got one of first chips from (wii man).
the wii fit worked but now doesnt play now.Other games are ok but doesnt even reckognise wii fit when in.
It also says something about a device when i try and play mario kart.
Do i need a new Wii chip?

I think so m8, see Oggy about a yaosm chip if your ok to swap it over
if your chips in a holder even better not soldering

So this Wiifit update is safe on all chips ? Only asking as just fitted an Argon 1.8 on a fully updated Wii (3.2E via net) and it is asking for it ?

Shall i go ahead then ?

ok, sorted the update by pulling out the chip. does the update fine now, and plays fit fine. wont play when I put it back in though.

Is Wii Free now dead then? Do I just need it updating or can it be replaced? I have the chip mounted externally.

You just need a new Yaosm off Oggy and then you plug it in where your old one was
wiifree now gone

My wii fit didnt ask for an update?? Is that because my machine is already up to date? Im using the 9 wire wasabi, works fine. I have had a few games ask for an update b 4, then when they try, they realise the system is up to date, but i cant for the life of me remember the wii fit even asking.

Yup, YAOSM latest is a straight swap for wiifrii.

Got about 25 left.

Yup, YAOSM latest is a straight swap for wiifrii.

Got about 25 left.

Hi Oggy,

I have a wiifrii chip installed on a mates wii with this firmware - YAOSM_12f629_675_smgtest4_d2a.hex
He is having problems with the Wiifit game, is there a newer firmware for the wiifrii chip than the one he has?
If so can you give me a link to it.

Thanks woody

WiiFree is YAOSM before it evolved basically.

The only way to update the chip is to remove it and reprogram it in a PIC programmer.

I have found YAOSM 3.1.
If I program this to the pic will it solve the problem?

Thanks

If its the Unauthorised Device 001 message you are seeing, then yes.

Back