Wii region free?

karym6

DW Regular
Reaction score
Can anyone let me know if the Wii is region free or not?

I am considering getting a new one from the US.

Mostly yes, if hacked.

Just be careful when accepting updates as a PAL update on a NTSC console will kill it.

Be aware though mate, they are garbage. :)

Come on witchy the Wii fit has got some great family games on it but yeah most of the other games are a bit kiddie like

how so witchy?

What you asking mate?

How to play games from other regions or why is the console garbage?

Console is a novelty item IMO, there's not a single game that has held my attention for longer than an hour or so, the graphics are terrible, the controllers are a gimmick and can be frustrating at times.

80% of the games are for 7 year olds.

Not my cup of tea I'm afraid.

What you asking mate?

How to play games from other regions or why is the console garbage?

Console is a novelty item IMO, there's not a single game that has held my attention for longer than an hour or so, the graphics are terrible, the controllers are a gimmick and can be frustrating at times.

80% of the games are for 7 year olds.

Not my cup of tea I'm afraid.

hey chill, like 'no more heroes' and mario kart, what is wrong with simple games, i am sick of learning button combos

Last edited:
Simple games for simple minds mate ;)

The thing is for toddlers, it's garbage.

Simple games for simple minds mate ;)

The thing is for toddlers, it's garbage.

How is this and most posts you have made in this thread helpful, im sick of this on any forum, fanboy's, yes for a lot of people the wii is a gimmick, but then the 360 and the ps3 are the same for others. Each system has their strengths and weaknesses.

Graphics are nothing to do with playability of a game, they can add to the atmosphere but some of the best games ever made were absolutely awful to look at, Tetris is a good example, I'm sure a lot of people here have lost a good bit of their life to this classic game.

If the op had asked if the wii was worth getting then i would have no problem with these comments, but as he didn't i feel it is out of place and pointless.

The wii has plenty of classic games available already, wait until the wii has been around as long as the 360, i'm sure there will be plenty more to boot.

Back