Wii Newbie

c9679

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I just bought my first Wii and I was looking at a couple of chips for it however I had a few questions that I thought someone would be kind enough to help me with please?

I have been looking into the Argon chips they look easy to fit, however I dont know if they will work on my unit, I have a LEH19XXXX I havent opened it up yet, however im a little confused by the cut legs and so on :) What does it mean please???

Also how would I brick the Wii??? I have read a few things about bricking the Wii, however im a little confused on how that would happen??? If the mod is successfull, would it damage the Wii playing normal original games? The main reason I want to chip the Wii is, I have a PAL version and I have a couple of NTSC games...

I hope someone can help :)

Just make sure you get a D2C2 compatable chip mate.

Can you recommend anywhere please???

Ive seen different sites for the Argon £36, then a cheaper site for the Jtag £15 and a cheaper site for the WiiClip £13... lol
Would prefer to order from one place and know for sure that I am ordering the right thing :)

The wii clip doesnt work with the D2C2 does it??? I think the Argon does but it has to be flashed?

Last edited:
The most stable D2C2 Chip right now is D2Pro.

Argon only works on Actel 250's and they are latest stock only, also firmware is really buggy.

Be warned, Rumours of D2Pro killnig a few drives, although it appears to be limited amounts

Personally, Id wait about a fortnight until chips are 100% stable.

Another Wii newbie - Some questions

I am planning to buy the kids a chipped Wii for Xmas. I can get one for £250 which seems ok to me considering the games are only £5 each. Is this the going rate?

The guy told me to make sure that I buy only PAL games as the other type could damage the chip. How do i know whether a game is PAL or not?

Cheers

I am planning to buy the kids a chipped Wii for Xmas. I can get one for £250 which seems ok to me considering the games are only £5 each. Is this the going rate?

The guy told me to make sure that I buy only PAL games as the other type could damage the chip. How do i know whether a game is PAL or not?

Cheers

If the Wii is pre-modded then it sounds about the right price.

Extract the game to an ISO. Run the ISO through RegionFrii.

RegionFrii will tell you if it is PAL or NTSC.

Also if you get PAL with a data mismatch then it was an NTSC game converted to PAL

lol, little early for Christmas shopping??? The price might be a little down by then...

I got the Wii for £179.99 from Argos, bought the latest D2Pro2 however when I took the Wii apart it only said D2C... So I dont think it was the latest chip inside even though it had a new serial number, anyway fitted the chip anyway and it worked straight away... I bought the clip version just because I didnt have my soldering station at home, cost £55 and took 3 seconds to fit :)

Opening the Wii took about 5-10 mins :) so its not too bad if you are going to do it yourself, at least that way you know which chip your getting :)

My recommendation would be to open the Wii before you buy the chip though, so you know exactly what to buy :)

lol, little early for Christmas shopping??? The price might be a little down by then...

I got the Wii for £179.99 from Argos, bought the latest D2Pro2 however when I took the Wii apart it only said D2C... So I dont think it was the latest chip inside even though it had a new serial number, anyway fitted the chip anyway and it worked straight away... I bought the clip version just because I didnt have my soldering station at home, cost £55 and took 3 seconds to fit :)

Opening the Wii took about 5-10 mins :) so its not too bad if you are going to do it yourself, at least that way you know which chip your getting :)

My recommendation would be to open the Wii before you buy the chip though, so you know exactly what to buy :)

I like to sort out the dear items well in advance mate when i have some cash.

Does it matter which chip is in there since the guy whos selling it says it will play PAL games? I assume there are differences between chips but i'm not sure what they are and for £250 I think it saves me the hastle of opening up the Wii and quite probably fucking it up.

I like to sort out the dear items well in advance mate when i have some cash.

Does it matter which chip is in there since the guy whos selling it says it will play PAL games? I assume there are differences between chips but i'm not sure what they are and for £250 I think it saves me the hastle of opening up the Wii and quite probably fucking it up.

if its pre chipped it wont matter,it will play all the games you need, just ask the guy what type of chip has been installed,as there is a lot of things you can do so that it will play pal,jap or ntsc games

You can play any region game, just dont udate from different region games as this can brick the Wii

Back