Wii Homebrew Help

Budgie

Inactive User
Reaction score
Dug the old Wii out of the cupboard as I`ve sold my boys PS3 and Xbon 360 to pay for the new PS4. Anyway I`m running software version 3.2E and the Wii has a Mod Chip. What do I need to do to get my Wii up-to-date with the latest Homebrew etc ? Anyone point me in the right direction ?

Many thanks

you can use modmii to update your wii to either 4.1 or 4.3, softmod it and instal usb loader chamnnels amongst other things.
there is a link to it in download section.

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

If you have a mod chip you dont need to update it shoild still play any of your games

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

Cheers mate. It`s been that long since I used my Wii. How do you delete channels as I`ve the Homebrew channel, WAD manager installed and a few others or can you do a system reset getting the console back to basics ?

So I don`t need to do anything ? Do the newer games not look for updated firmware ? As I say I`m on 4.2E and it`s chipped. Is it safe for me to go to the latest firmware ? I`m sure years ago there was a reason to stick at 4.2E ?

diffeting opinions on this, some update to 4.3 and some stick at 4.1.
Earlier you said you were on 3.2 lol

i upgrade ti 4.3 as there is a diskless exploit available now.

diffeting opinions on this, some update to 4.3 and some stick at 4.1.
Earlier you said you were on 3.2 lol

i upgrade ti 4.3 as there is a diskless exploit available now.

Yes sorry I`m on 3.2E :) Sorry how do i delete all the crap homebrew stuff I put on before ? Can i do a system reset ?

Depends what you want to do,

I would update and instal a usb loader, saved messing around with disks. :)

In my view, it is a waste updating to official and then rehacking. You can tell modmii you are on 3.2 and you want 4.3 and what apps you want. It will get everything ready for you.

You will still need the homebrew channel albeit an updated version.

In my view, it is a waste updating to official and then rehacking. You can tell modmii you are on 3.2 and you want 4.3 and what apps you want. It will get everything ready for you.

that was what i meant, reading back i never explained myself very well... lol

lazy typing on tapatalk.. :)

Best to hear it twice and be sure. I still remember that thread where the guy did official update first.

Hi,

Upgraded to 4.3 and tried to use Modmii but it says I require a copy of Lego Star Wars etc etc which I did have but can`t find and looking at the amount of seeds on torrent will take 6 weeks to download. Is there any other way of soft modding without using a game on 4.3 ? The main aim of all this is to play FIFA14 which says it needs 4.4 ????

there is no 4.4 firmware for wii and you do not need the disk anymore.

start modmii and choose wiibrand diskless exploit... :)

The advice was use modmii to upgrade your system. Not upgrade your system and then use modmii. Anyway, we are where we are.

Discs are no longer required. Start again with modmii and select Wiibrand as your exploit. Follow the guide that is made specific to your selections and you will reach your goal.

The latest that modmii updates to at the moment is 4.3. I'll try and get a copy of fifa 14 and feedback if it works on 4.3. I'm sure an update will be out if required. (I have stayed on 4.1 and play games that require 4.3)

Got Modmii to install using the no disk method. I installed everything as suggested in the guide. I can`t get FIFA14 to tun as it says it needs `system upgrade` Also on the homebrew channel I appear to only have the 5 options Multi-Mod-Manager, IOS236 installer, Priiloader, havkmii installer. All of which i used to install the various IOS etc. From what I remember of the homebrew channel there were apps you could use to play games on later IOS without upgrading etc. I don`t get a

Based on what I presume you selections should be/were

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

The attached guide was created. Can you confirm that you have followed all the steps in the guide that was produced by modmii for you. It is not just a matter of installing homebrew channel.

Attachments

• budgie.pdf
    393.3 KB · Views: 1
fifa 14 loads no problem for me.

i am using config usb loader, game loaded using ios 249

fifa 14 loads no problem for me.

i am using config usb loader, game loaded using ios 249

I think the SoftMOD is done. I didn`t realise the Bootmii menu is controlled from the switches on the console and not the wii remote. Felt a bit of a tit on that one. AS for FIFA14 I can`t get it to work the disk says I need system update ??? Do you need to go and load a different IOS per game ? Does IOS 250 mean it`s an update of IOS 236 ? I`m running IOS 236 at the moment as was suggested in the Mii guide. As I say the homebrew channel only gives me the option of apps that of which appear in the ModMii guide i.e Priiloader etc ??? i thought you got all different options on the homebrew channel for various apps ?

Fifa 14 also working for me. 4.1 using config usb loader.

Dont think, know. At which stage of the guide are you at? Have you installed the wads?

Back