wii chip

dazzlet

Inactive User
Reaction score
which is the best wii chip to get for my will i have heard the wiikey is good but i am not sure weather it is the most recomended or not. als which would be the easiest for me to install myself and can anybody recomend any suppliers.
or alternatively
does anybody know anywhere i can take my wii to get it chipped i live in barnsley in south yorkshire thanks

Wiikey's ok, YAOSM is better, cheaper,more support.
Wiikeys site go's up and down more times than my yoyo

what about the d2ckey the presoldered one it says just clip into place and your done what is the reliablilty of this and how does it fair up to the others?

Clips are more hassle than they are worth m8.
You will never beat a hardwired soultion (Except flashing firmware).

Kynar or Enamel coated wire you choose.

i was looking at the other thread where you were advising on the other thing to do i put my model number there to see what you said then.

then you will have the chipset
post this and Ill up a hex.

Your Drive Chip is most likely GC2-D2C.

Your Drive Pins are most likely not cut.

where would i get the chip from or whatever i need to use this metho you are telling me about also where would i get the instructions on how to install it thanks

ok so its a d2c
providing it not the newer d2c2
then Id go for the Argon chip made by Infectus.
solid and reprogrammable

http://www.infectus.biz/argon.php

ARGON-SPI INTRODUCTION:
ARGON is a chip the introduce the programming concept called "MULTIFUNCTIONAL JTAG". ARGON is consisting of a last generation ACTEL chip that can be re-programmed with different firmwares, last version has a SPI 2Mbit flash on board for new few wires firmwares. The JTAG update suffers the fact that it needs an external programmer to be implemented, but it gives to the developers the possibility to COMPLETELY CHANGE THE CHIP CODE, SOMETHING UNTHINKABLE FOR OTHER PROJECTS.
Currently ARGON is being used by Wii D2C systems successfully, it has a UNIQUE firmware in the world made up by 13 threads.
We’re shortly releasing a new firmware for PS2 that will work on ARGON., making just a simple programming operation ARGON chip will be ok for PS2 consoles. This is an example of how great is the possibility to change the chip’s logic code!!
REMEMBER, the JTAG programming works also if the chip is NOT INTALLED, which is great for resellers to have up-to-date stocks because they are able to program the stoks by their own.

CURRENT FIRMWARE AVAILABLE:
- ARGON SPI WASABUS 1.0 FIRMWARE - 9 wires / code injection (released 06/05/08)
To update argon pls. download last version of PROGRAMMER SUITE > HERE
- ARGON 1.8 FIRMWARE 17 wires / realtime patching(released 26/02/2008)
To update argon pls. download last version of PROGRAMMER SUITE > HERE

ARGON FEATURES (with WII D2C firwmare):

1- Work on all D2C WII boards, incl. G2C D1A!
2- 13 wires connection (3 optional wires for IMPORTS GAMES supported from firmware 1.3)
3- 100% UPDATABLE! Trought the on board JTAG connector*
4- ACTEL3 FAMILY FPGA - A3P125 - Military quality and security
5- Direct Boot from Wii games
(extreme compatibility, more than Wiikey/D2Ckey)
6- Dirct boot for every GC game - Full supported from firmware 1.6
7- Multiple disc support
8- Silver games support - Supported from firmware 1.5
9- Audio streaming for GC Games supported
10- Partial regional Patch (work on 80% of games) - SUPPORTED FROM FIRMWARE 1.3
11- SPI 2Mbit flash on board for support of CODE INJECTION METHOD, soon firmwares availables

* necessary the INJECTUS PROGRAMMER or INFECTUS2

ARGON PACKAGE:

1- ARGON MODCHIP with JTAG CONNECTOR on BOARD
2- FLAT CABLE ARGON

For updating is necessary to buy separately :
1- INJECTUS PROGRAMMER JTAG
2- INFECTU2*

thanks where would it allow me to buy the things i need from also how often would it need to be updated as the way i see to update it would be to open the wii up each time it needed to be updated and connect it to the jtag thing

When the mod is fitted the installer would run the programming cable out through the the gamecube memory card port and located under the flap.
When it comes to programming just lift flap and insert the end of the lead into the injectus hooked up to a usb2 and pc and flash.
Could be flashed once a month if needed or once every six months upto you.

Back