Wii Browser?

IAmATeaf

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to get this free, done a search and all the answers seem to say no, also do original games come with any wii points? that can be used to get said browser?

you have to buy wii points to use in the store, you cant get them any other way - unless someone gifts you the points or the browser.

If you have the homebrew channel instaled just browse google for...Opera.Internet.Channel-WiiShop-PAL-Wii-WaLMaRT torrent,and install with wad instaler or use the twighlight hack

I've downloaded it and ended up with a wad file - wots this - do i convert it or what? - cheers

Do you have the homebrew channel instaled? if you do,download and instal wad manager or wad instaler then put your wad file in the root of your sd card in the wad folder,then run wad instaler or wad manager on the homebrew channel and it will instal it for you.make sure you got the right wad file for your system ie:pal or ntsc.

Do you have the homebrew channel instaled? if you do,download and instal wad manager or wad instaler then put your wad file in the root of your sd card in the wad folder,then run wad instaler or wad manager on the homebrew channel and it will instal it for you.make sure you got the right wad file for your system ie:pal or ntsc.

No but the iso i downloaded for pal just comes up error on wii

I have the Wii Opera browser in the Internet Channel but I don't remember installing anything, it's always just been there.

Are you guys talking about something else?

no its the same but when the opera browser 1st came out it was free to download from the shop but now you have to buy it.

@Dolfiemax the homebrew iso is funny with certain mod chips i`ve got a d2cpro chip and it wouldnt instal from iso,but the same iso image instaled fine on my mates wii with a wiikey chip.you will have to download the one to use with the twighlight hack,make sure you use the right one for what copy of Twilight Princess you use eg:pal or ntsc,there are 4 for the ntsc version 2 jap and 2 usa

According to my Wii manual and box my console came with Opera pre-installed :)

I bought it last year during the Wii Sports promotion.

I gotta say that I find it really unfair for them to give it away for free then suddenly start charging people for it.

Have they ever updated the Wii version of Opera, how can i check what version i curently have?

I just installed the browser with a YAOSM chip and it's fine.

I can now browse the internet from my Wii, and it was free.

Good job guys.

NB - Be careful when you do that search, there's a version that doesn't work.
Search for this string and grab from torrentreactor:
Opera.Internet.Channel.WiiShop.PAL.WiiShop.PROPER

It works perfectly :D

According to my Wii manual and box my console came with Opera pre-installed :)

I bought it last year during the Wii Sports promotion.

I gotta say that I find it really unfair for them to give it away for free then suddenly start charging people for it.

Have they ever updated the Wii version of Opera, how can i check what version i curently have?

I had too buy points too download my opera for me wii,you can check for any updates for it by going too your shopping channel and choosing software and it will tell u if you need to update or not

I just installed the browser with a YAOSM chip and it's fine.

I can now browse the internet from my Wii, and it was free.

Good job guys.

NB - Be careful when you do that search, there's a version that doesn't work.
Search for this string and grab from torrentreactor:
Opera.Internet.Channel.WiiShop.PAL.WiiShop.PROPER

It works perfectly :D

Can you give detailed instructions mate? Tried to install the Homebrew ISO on my 3.3E Wii and it just some up with a disk error that I've not seen before.

As far as I understand it I need to get the Homebrew ISO, burn it to DVD, load it up and install it, then install WAD installer and then install the browser WAD but I can't get past the first step of installing the Homebrew.

I dont think you can use the iso on a 3.3 wii,as the iso is trucha signed which the 3.3 update stopped working.There is a new twighlight hack for 3.3 wii`s instructions on how to do it are here.................h**p://wiibrew.org/w/index.php?title=Twilight_Hack

I dont think you can use the iso on a 3.3 wii,as the iso is trucha signed which the 3.3 update stopped working.There is a new twighlight hack for 3.3 wii`s instructions on how to do it are here.................h**p://wiibrew.org/w/index.php?title=Twilight_Hack

OK, thanks mate, had a read last night and sort of came to the conclusion that the 3.3E update was to blame :( Thanks for the link I'll give it a look over :)

Used the Twilight hack to install WAD Installer which then installed the Browser, all working fine so thanks to everyone for their help.

Back