Wii 4.3 step by step guide with pictures to follow

MOAMB

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Noticed a few people are having problems with modding the 4.3 wii so i have followed bally12345 excellent guide but updated it for the 4.3 that is easy to follow.

Items you will need:

1. Wii Console with Ver. 4.3E installed
2. Wii Remote
3. SD Card (64mb to 2gb)
4. Card reader to transfer files from PC to SD card
5. LEGO INDIANA JONES THE ORIGINAL ADVENTURES (Original Game)
6. Time. Do Not Rush,

Download instructions:

Download attached files: Guide

First download to install Homebrew Channel and creat a backup of your NAND:Hackmii Installer http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2LLE4064

Second download to hack the wii: Softmod Dowmload http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1BOO87MG
(Please note that this will also adds a second boot channel and the USB config loader (dont worry if you dont need this it wont do any harm and you may want to add a hard drive in the future.) These can also be deleted if you so wish.

Last download to make games load from original disk channel: Darkcorp Full 1.1 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5GSQHXAA
Other information:

If you want to add a hard drive please follow these instructions too as you need to add files to the hard drive:
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/226384/

Attachments

• Manonamission's 4.3 soft mod guide with pictures.pdf
    5.3 MB · Views: 930
Last edited by a moderator:
Have the daughter and her frinds wii here, one on 3.4e and one on 3.1 can this guide be used or will I have to find a way to update to 4.3 off line then follow the guide.

Thanx.

Have the daughter and her frinds wii here, one on 3.4e and one on 3.1 can this guide be used or will I have to find a way to update to 4.3 off line then follow the guide.

Thanx.

no do not do that upgrade to 4.1 offline and follow ballys guide or my easy 4.2 guide except use cios 60 instead of cios 70

edogg

These are two virgin wii, Ive d/loaded Modmi, followed the guide and nothin shows on the sd card when inserted to the wii, Ive also tried Hackmi, but nuthin shows up on wii ?
This is the same for both, anyone any ideas ?
Formatted card to fat32 then tried fat

Sorted, thanx for the replies.

Anyone recomend a M/Player to install ta play Movies off usb drive.

A relative got a Wii with 4.3e on it and wants me to softmod it but I dont know anyone with Lego Indiana Jones is there any other way?

A relative got a Wii with 4.3e on it and wants me to softmod it but I dont know anyone with Lego Indiana Jones is there any other way?

Not that i know of at the moment mate. Will have a look around for you tho.
I had to buy one to do it and will keep it until there is a easy way round.

Where in the world are you mate cuz i would be willing to send you my copy to borrow then just send it back once you have finished with it?

PM me if you want to mate.

Ray

Last edited:
will this one work on the black wii ??

Hey,

The hack will work on the black Wii but you will not be able to play copied games via the DVD drive. The newier Wii's (including the black ones) have a D3-2 drive and Nintendo put these drives in because they will not recognize DVD-R's.

The only way around this is to follow the guide and then place a USB hard drive to the Wii and use the configurable usb loader channel. Then you can copy orginal games to the hard drive via the DVD drive or download the games to you computer then copy them to the hard drive.

To be honest this is what i would recommend everyone did as its so much easier than using disks. No more mess just select the game you want and off you go, no messing about changing disks ect

Ray

Hey,

The hack will work on the black Wii but you will not be able to play copied games via the DVD drive. The newier Wii's (including the black ones) have a D3-2 drive and Nintendo put these drives in because they will not recognize DVD-R's.

The only way around this is to follow the guide and then place a USB hard drive to the Wii and use the configurable usb loader channel. Then you can copy orginal games to the hard drive via the DVD drive or download the games to you computer then copy them to the hard drive.

To be honest this is what i would recommend everyone did as its so much easier than using disks. No more mess just select the game you want and off you go, no messing about changing disks ect

Ray

Didnt know this so best let me uncle know! He will be glad because it means his 5 year old wont use the discs as frisbees but it will mean coming to me everytime he wants new games doh!

Any recommendations on what USB HDD to get? A cheap 500GB will be big enough right?

Hey Bally,

Yes a 500GB is more than enough. There are a few out there so just look around. There has been issues with different hard drives but i believe its to do with people using internal drives in a case and the Wii not giving enuf power to run them.

I would recommend a powered USB external hard drive. I have this one 1GB hard drive from maplin and for £59.99 (Basta*d i payed £80) you cant go wrong.

As i said before mate, No disks lying around, Kids wont scratch them and if you download the games its cheaper.

Here is a link to the usb config loader: https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/226384/

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to try get the Seagate 500GB Expansion portable Hard Drive from tesco as theres £10 off voucher if you spend over £50. £20 more for 1TB is good but I know I would never fill it with Wii Games.

I am going to try get the Seagate 500GB Expansion portable Hard Drive from tesco as theres £10 off voucher if you spend over £50. £20 more for 1TB is good but I know I would never fill it with Wii Games.

No mate you wont but i use mine as a back up hard drive too for all the family photos ect. Just an idea for ya. :proud:

No mate you wont but i use mine as a back up hard drive too for all the family photos ect. Just an idea for ya. :proud:

Ahh so the drive doesnt have to be used soley for the Wii, you can store other stuff on there too... I might have to get one when I have some spare cash...

was all set to try this this w/end then noticed im still on 4.2e ( i dont use the Wii that much) will it still work or do i have to upgrade to 4.3 and does anyone have a link to the upgrade offline that i can use ? or is it best to upgrade to 4.3 then just follow the guides ?

i have seen a few guides and this one looks like even i can do it ha ha so would prefer to use this one if at all possible.

many thanks

The second download is asking me for a passwrod anyone know what it is?

hi all is anyone else havin trouble downloading the second download (softmod) it keeps asking for a password ? anyone got any clue or where else i can get it from many thanks steve

hi all is anyone else havin trouble downloading the second download (softmod) it keeps asking for a password ? anyone got any clue or where else i can get it from many thanks steve

Yes me too m8 ive managed to get the files elsewere ill upload them to mega upload and post the link for ya in a mo.

Back