Wii 4.3 step by step guide with pictures to follow

Cant install boot2 does it matter, some messaage about boot1 installed as iso -2 (not exact message)... installed homebrew and doing nand backup now.

Hmm gone through the guide its not entirely clear. Doesnt mention whether you should overwrite files when copy 2nd and 3rd downloads.

I think the softmod has gone to plan but need to copy some games to usb hdd now.

Cant install boot2 does it matter, some messaage about boot1 installed as iso -2 (not exact message)... installed homebrew and doing nand backup now.

Better to install as boot 2 if possible if not install as IOS. The only difference is Boot 2 will boot from startup when card is in SD slot where as IOS you have to load from Homebrew

Hmm gone through the guide its not entirely clear. Doesnt mention whether you should overwrite files when copy 2nd and 3rd downloads.

I think the softmod has gone to plan but need to copy some games to usb hdd now.

Yes mate over rite any files it asks you too.

think its all working on my wii.. so i will rip the discs from this on the usb then test on black and leave it at that.

right i am defo gonna give this ago this week.
a quick question.
my wii is an older version which i was stupid enougth to update to 4.3...

does this mean i will be able to burn disks anduse them after the soft mod?

right i am defo gonna give this ago this week.
a quick question.
my wii is an older version which i was stupid enougth to update to 4.3...

does this mean i will be able to burn disks anduse them after the soft mod?

yes as long as it does not have the dvd drive that will not read dvd+/- backups will work with the softmod

edogg

hi do you have to play the first level off the game and save it first? and inbetween putting the files on the sd card when i do ttep one do i have to delete the file on the sd card then put the second file on the sd card and the same with file 3 many thanks for your help

hi im now stuck on the BOOTMII im trying to select the gears icon but the remote isnt doing any thing ive tried changing the batterys seems like its froze any help
when i press the power button on remote all the lights flash on its that any help

hi im now stuck on the BOOTMII im trying to select the gears icon but the remote isnt doing any thing ive tried changing the batterys seems like its froze any help
when i press the power button on remote all the lights flash on its that any help

You don't use the remote for bootmii you use the power and reset buttons on the console.

EDIT: Or if you have one you can use a game cube remote.

Last edited:
hi thanks for your help helps if i read it properly,
can i ask another thing please the last bit off the guide ive put the darkcorp onto sd card read the read file then went to homebrew then darkcorp then virgin and A wait till it loads mine went back to the wii menu is that right
and do i have to do the second aption as well
and ive left the sd card in with the darkcorp still on it ive tried to install the block for the updates but havin propblem whats MMM

hi thanks for your help helps if i read it properly,
can i ask another thing please the last bit off the guide ive put the darkcorp onto sd card read the read file then went to homebrew then darkcorp then virgin and A wait till it loads mine went back to the wii menu is that right
and ive left the sd card in with the darkcorp still on it ive tried to install the block for the updates but havin propblem whats MMM

MMM=Multi Mod Manager.

yes as long as it does not have the dvd drive that will not read dvd+/- backups will work with the softmod

edogg

is there a way of checking which dvd drive i have?

Is it a black wii? If so it's a no go and as far white ones it's after a certain date not sure what it is though.

its a white wii,
i think we got it about 18 months ago....

I would go ahead and try the softmod just dont update to higher than 4.1 (if however you are already on menu higher than 4.1 just do the softmod for your version then if it wont read the dvds atleast you have a wii that is ready to use a harddrive to play games when you can afford to get one

edogg

I would go ahead and try the softmod just dont update to higher than 4.1 (if however you are already on menu higher than 4.1 just do the softmod for your version then if it wont read the dvds atleast you have a wii that is ready to use a harddrive to play games when you can afford to get one

edogg

yes it was on 4.1 but i stuuupidly updated to 4.3... :(.
right, i'm goona give this a go...

wish me luck folks.... :proud:

yes it was on 4.1 but i stuuupidly updated to 4.3... :(.
right, i'm goona give this a go...

wish me luck folks.... :proud:

Chances are it will be like one i did for my bro inlaw, it would only play dvd-r and not dvd+r discs.

As has been said go ahead and mod it youll soon know if it's hdd only. If you want to remove the mod you can always format the wii system memory.

hi im still trying to block the updates on the wii can any one tell me where im going wrong please ?.. the last bit off the guide ive put the darkcorp onto sd card read the read file then went to homebrew then darkcorp then virgin and A wait till it loads mine went back to the wii menu is that right
and ive left the sd card in with the darkcorp still on it ive tried to install the block for the updates but havin propblem....

superb tut....

followed instructions and had no probs....
thanks all... :)

hi im still trying to block the updates on the wii can any one tell me where im going wrong please ?.. the last bit off the guide ive put the darkcorp onto sd card read the read file then went to homebrew then darkcorp then virgin and A wait till it loads mine went back to the wii menu is that right
and ive left the sd card in with the darkcorp still on it ive tried to install the block for the updates but havin propblem....

Do you have the hacks.ini on the sd card?

Back