Wii 4.2e thinking of softmodding

ITS A SCAM !

Member +
Reaction score
My wii is a old one, and it has a original Wiikey fitted, but many new games will not play as i need to softmod it for them to work..It seems rather daunting to do all this softmod, as my time is normally taken up by family matters and i do not have loads of spare time to mess about anymore...What i am thinking is, can i find a file anywhere that i can just put onto a SD card and it will allow newer games to play ?? I used to be into the Wii scene over 2 years ago, but my knowledge is a little bit old fashioned...hope anyone can provide such info...KIndest regards

dogtoffee

DW Regular +
Reaction score
My wii is a old one, and it has a original Wiikey fitted, but many new games will not play as i need to softmod it for them to work..It seems rather daunting to do all this softmod, as my time is normally taken up by family matters and i do not have loads of spare time to mess about anymore...What i am thinking is, can i find a file anywhere that i can just put onto a SD card and it will allow newer games to play ?? I used to be into the Wii scene over 2 years ago, but my knowledge is a little bit old fashioned...hope anyone can provide such info...KIndest regards

m8 soft mod is a piece of pi** if you are on 4.2 and follow ballys guide you can go wrong.......

dont update 4.3 has been released

Last edited:

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
defo is easy, if i can do it then any one can, how ever looks like there's a new update that will stop you from playing homebrew and that now?

Don't Update

So not sure if we'll have to wait for a new version of the hacking program and that to come out....dog what you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

Leeagt

Inactive User
Reaction score
If you update to 4.3 dibbers bannerbomb , bootmii, priiloader etc will not work. I would wait until a new hack is found first

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah thanks for that buddy, what about the Wii's and that, that have been done, is that what Priloader done stopped them from being updated....might have to tell a few of the peeps that i've done not to use it/update etc....

Leeagt

Inactive User
Reaction score
You can disable disc updates from priiloader however i don't believe there is any 4.3 discs out yet. My advise would be to tell anyone you have softmodded their wii not to do the update until it is fixed

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that buddy, yeah i disabled it on most of the Wii's that i done bar one, so will let the kid know not to update and maybe he can bring it back to me and i'll stick Priloader on it...cheers

ITS A SCAM !

Member +
Reaction score
O my god.....you all are talking a different language then me...lol I shall try and follow the guide, but you are saying its not worth it just yet due to Nintendo changing something ?? by the way, thanks for taking time out to help me

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Re: Wii 4.2e thinking of soft modding

yeah it was all new to me, but really once i got my head around it and followed a few tuts and that and had some help from Dog and the guys was easy...that's what the crack is now though mate,no point trying to do the update and the hack as they have banished it, so you me and everyone else will have to wait until they crack the new update before you can start modding matey....

dogtoffee

DW Regular +
Reaction score
O my god.....you all are talking a different language then me...lol I shall try and follow the guide, but you are saying its not worth it just yet due to Nintendo changing something ?? by the way, thanks for taking time out to help me

It can still be done m8. just don't update What system menu are you on at the minute

ITS A SCAM !

Member +
Reaction score
Ok....my wiii currently uses 4.2e.....so i can softmod it ?? I have 2 games here my lad has wanted to play for ages.....Mario & sonic all stars racing and new super mario bros...will they be ok ??

dogtoffee

DW Regular +
Reaction score
Ok....my wiii currently uses 4.2e.....so i can softmod it ?? I have 2 games here my lad has wanted to play for ages.....Mario & sonic all stars racing and new super mario bros...will they be ok ??

yeah m8 it any wii up to 4.2 can be done. As you are already on 4.2 follow ballys guide just start at page 5

Last edited by a moderator:
TEST