WiFi WIFI network for a 1000m

ye me also but I get the bungalow is main internet and he wants to send to second building . if he needs wifi 800 meters away with a phone like you said that's not going to work
better with a 4 g router . if he means sending the network to another location over 800 meters that can be done

Firstly you do not need 2 routers, you can use the existing one if there is enough free LAN ports, if not just add a 5 port switch. Is there line of sight from all of the required coverage area, if yes then a ubiquity bullet with an omni directional antenna might be enough but if as you say money is no object here use 3 ubiquity rocket radios and 3 120 degree sector antennas... I've had these doing over 20 miles point to point so distance is no object. All these options connect to a separate LAN port on the existing router or switch and get them outside as high as possible, this is easily achievable just make sure you do it right first time so you only have to do it once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car 5 cable between router and radios

Thanks for all the input guy's, it is a great help to me.
I am doing this for a friend.
I really like the idea of the ubquiti system, dear but good.
I am going to run it by him to see what he thinks.
Thanks again

If I can assist in any way I'd be more than happy to help

You'll test the limits on that, you said roughly a km radius outdoors, I tend to lean towards the overkill
In other words it's like a codom, better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it

You do realise that's not what I advised ya?

And at £130 that's not dear, not by a long way.... in fact a good indoor wireless router can cost you more, did you not see my post earlier when I said it's better to do it right the first time?

Yes, I did say about 800m, but after a chat with my mate, we have decided to start with this unit and then add onto it as and when. This way I can get this running around the bungalow, which is important now.
It gives me time and keeps him happy for now.
we are also going to get;

Ubiquiti Rocket M5 5GHz MIMO Wireless Bridge/Base Station | ROCKETM5 X1

Ubiquiti NanoStation M5 MIMO Wireless Bridge/Base Station | NSM5 X2

The switches seem expensive to me but if I have to I will be getting;

Ubiquiti UniFi Switch 8 150W - US-8-150W X2
But they do seem really expensive!

With all that installed into the 2 buildings it will be just about dream world for him, The important areas are all around the bungalow facing the buildings for WIFI reception.

You don't need those switches

Those rocket radios do not come with an antenna, you need to purchase those separately

I think you need you to cancel any purchases already made

Then think/talk it through with someone that knows what they're at in order to save you or in this case your mate money that he doesn't need to spend

I have only ordered the outdoor+
Nothing else has been ordered, but I thought that would have given me internet into both buildings and i can run ethernet from the NSM5 into A switch?

- - - Updated - - -

The outdoor+ is going on the bungalow chimney connected directly into the router via ethernet

Ok how far is the building from the bungalow and the bungalow is where the internet connection is ya?

Just to update this thread.
I have installed the outdoor+ ubiquiti in the chimney in the middle of the bungalow.
Cat5e throught the loft into the router in the office.
What an excellent bit if kit. I can stream video about 200meters away, I have clear line of sight of the outdoor+ but still mighty impressive.

here is a link if anybody need good wifi outdoors.

Ubiquiti UniFi AP-Outdoor+ | UAP-Outdoor+ | UniFi Outdoor+ WiFi Access Point

Back