Wierd newsgroups problem

swanny10

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi hope someone can maybe shed some light on this for me.

i have been using newsgroups for a few years now and i am using giganews which has been superb but i have been trying to download the first season of sopranos and there are plenty there when i search using newsleecher but every single one of them gives me a no such article error when i try and download. I can still download other things no problem but just not this.

Any ideas guys?

cheers

swanny

how longs it been on? could be over your retention
sorry couldnt be more helpful

Checked newzbin and DVD rip of season 1 was posted 18 days ago.

hi hope someone can maybe shed some light on this for me.

i have been using newsgroups for a few years now and i am using giganews which has been superb but i have been trying to download the first season of sopranos and there are plenty there when i search using newsleecher but every single one of them gives me a no such article error when i try and download. I can still download other things no problem but just not this.

Any ideas guys?

cheers

swanny
try this off newzbin

yeah checked that i use giganews which has a 200 day retention. as i said there are a few choices when i do a search in newsleecher but everyone of them starts to download and them changes to incomplete. its strange and annoying.

Try clearing your newsreader cache, sometimes it can get corrupt and files that are fine on the server are repeatedly reported as incomplete.

yeah that nzb works ok but only seems to be 4 disks and i reckon there are 6 but better than nothing thanks. i also noticed that someone else has uploaded the first 4 disks of season 1 over night and they are working.

i have tried clearing the cache as you suggested but still the same im afraid, its so damn annoying. i can download everything on the servers apart from sopranos.

yeah that nzb works ok but only seems to be 4 disks and i reckon there are 6 but better than nothing thanks. i also noticed that someone else has uploaded the first 4 disks of season 1 over night and they are working.

i have tried clearing the cache as you suggested but still the same im afraid, its so damn annoying. i can download everything on the servers apart from sopranos.
these will not be the offical disks
but have been put together by somebody
the are all there for season 1 i bet

According to tv.com, season one was only 13 episodes (which is quite common, the network orders a 1/2 series and decides if they want to extend) so 4 DVD sounds right at 4 eps per disk.

there are only 2 episodes on the first 5 disks and 3 on the last one. ive got them just now just dont get whats going on with all the other entries that supersearch finds in newslecher. there are loads of them even avi format single episodes but download as incomplete.

If you are not already, try updating Newsleecher to the latest version. I had a similar problem some time ago and the updated version solved it.

Utukku

yeah you were right the ones that are being uploaded now are the full series thanks for that . and the guy seems to be going through the whole set of series so they will be fine.

yeah mate tried updating to the latest version but no difference.

Back