"Wierd 4010n problem"!!!!!

chookey

I have spoken
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Strange one this, I was going to mod it for a friend, initially using a funcard 4. I am new to this game but have successfully done 2 b4, including a mosc from a rom11 boc which I unlocked. After writing the card I booted up the box and went into programme guide. Every channel was bold, the only one that is not subscribed is ppv 1. However the only channels availabe to watch are BBC 1- channel 4. The rest are blacked out no sound.
In the eng. console the funcards ( I have tried 2) register as COM Err in smartcard status.They read as Dnasp 00 Rev 0000. I decided to insert the original n*l card which came up as never paired?? According to my mate it is definitely the correct card that he has had for 3 years!!
I unlocked this rom11 boc and read it in Nagra, it gave a completely different bk to the one I got from the jtag and the ird was all zeros.
If anyone has a clue as to what has happened here then please put my mind at rest. Been on it since I got in from work at 03-30 this morning. My head is buzzing and I am going to bed. Hopefully one of you bright sparks can put me out of my misery.
Regards...............Chookey..p****d off and f****d​

when the subscription has ended the CC will have messed up the card by zeroing the ird number, and sending a fake BK to the card ...
First get some sleep, then use the numbers obtained via the JTAG.

edcase

edcase said:
when the subscription has ended the CC will have messed up the card by zeroing the ird number, and sending a fake BK to the card ...
edcase

Agree, don't feck about with the card just jtag the box .....

edcase said:
edcase

Thanks, but I have done a card with the jtag details. Screen blank amd no sound except on bbc 1- channel 4.

Does it say you are not subscribed or is it just blank, what does the EM say the card status is?

Sounds like the bk or ird are wrong mate, double check with your jtag and use bke 2.2.

Hi All,

@chookey Try programming the card with distance instead of the Rst method.

Cheers lads but I am beginning to suspect a fault with the box. The slightest pressure on one of the tuners causes the box to switch the scart on and off. Some strange things happening in the guide as well, selecting movies took me to tcm and wouldn't respond to remote control.
I shall try your suggestion as well, will repost once I've tried some things.

Regards.........Chookey​

I am now almost sure it is a fault with the box and not the mod. Epg shows that every channel is available, the only one saying not subscribed is ppv 2 channel. I am not sure if it is a tuner fault or a stage leading up to it, but tomorrow I will swop the tuners and see what happens. I am hoping that I will then be able to view the scrambled progs and not the fta ones I am currently getting.

Regards.......Chookey​

problem solved

Thanks for your input lads. I was wrong thinking it was a fault. I wrote a mosc card and it works a treat. I can't explain it.

Thanks again........Chookey​

Hi, :Wave:

:banana: Glad you sorted it M8 Well Done.
:banana: :Clap:

I have a 4010 and could not get it to work with a fun-card using Rst method but it did work with Distance :confused: (Didn't try a mosc as don't use the box, but did do a Atmega and was O K)?

strange this, somthing is wrong with 4010, i can not get funcard to work at all, was working fine for ages, keys are correct

using rst

dont know why it wont work

are you putting the funcard in with the contacts face down (i.e. back of the card upwards)?

no t stream

but also serial number is ??????????

nagra serial number changes, and none of them show IRD

Back