Why is this site going downhill fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I not remember someone else getting a Temp Ban for being an "Idiot" when they first joined ?

Just a little reminder when you joined

Dec 2006

Nov 2006

Dec 2006

I could go on but hope you see the point, we've all been newbies m8 and it can be frustrating, so rather than moan about you thinking the forum is going downhill use some of your experience to help out and keep this forum the best

Ouch I felt that one

yep everyone is a noob sometimes, but i dont think there are alot of the same threads coming up which could be answered in the search box not the shout box which seems to be happening too. There is alot of tuts about which would answer 90% of the questions i believe

Whats with all the new idiot members? Noticed over the last month or so all the new members but its "How do I?" all the time.
No constructive posts,just questions and not one of them are willing to sit down and learn anything with the search function.
Is it a coincidence that most of the long standing members don't come on here much anymore?
I know I don't. Digi used to be the 1st place I came to but I've got sick of trawling through crap from new members. Seems to be all newbie kids who've got a link off Google.

Just thought I would get it off my chest!
your bang out of order m8 tarring everybody with the same brush (i dont doubt for a sec they are some bams here just asking "how do i")but were are not all idiots who only came here to leech (i have all images,software and tuts anyway:Clap:)

check my meagre posts(so far) and you will see i try to help (might be crap help right enough) rather than "how do i"

anyway brilliant site,here for the long haul :banana:

i came here via google when i was lookin for a certain proggy to read mosc

now im addicted!

i also found dw from google. when keys rolled over in april.

Sorry people, I've been at work all day and not had time to reply until now!

I don't believe I've made an arse of myself. I stand by some of things I said,I just didn't word them very well thats all.

I'm not criticising the site. And I'm not tarring all the newbies BUT there are a lot of individuals who have turned up for a quick fix. And as stated in some of the posts, an awful lot of people ask questions that could easily be answered with the search button in 5mns.

I appreciate that everyone has to start somewhere...I just find it infuriating that people are not willing to learn a few things instead of looking for a quick answer. I know I have learned a lot from here,some of it with questions and a lot of it with taking the time to do a bit of reading through past posts.

And Bronto, I don't understand exactly what your point is by raking up old posts. The first post you quoted is a question about the site itself,which isn't relevant to this and the second post is one I first made in the 'Who Are You' section when I first joined...which again is not relevant.I've never said I've not made my fair share of question posts.
Me personally, I reserve the need to post until I am truly stuck with something,but maybe thats just me. Some of the post questions border,quite frankly,on being ridiculous.

I was only expressing my own personal opinion! Whether people like it or not,or agree with me or not, I thought I was allowed to do that.....

Last edited:
To be honest I could bring up dozens of your early and some not so early posts where you were asking lots of questions, questions, and more questions without giving much back and probably you pissed people off at that time, I chose to post only a few, my point is that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

We know what you meant mate (atleast, I did, lol), sometimes it can be a bit much when the same things are getting asked over and over but that's forum life i suppose :)

I was only expressing my own personal opinion! Whether people like it or not,or agree with me or not, I thought I was allowed to do that.....

You certainly are mate but you also have to understand that everyone else has the same right also.

I think the reason why a lot of people jumped on you is because of the title, you were saying the site has gone to pot which it clearly has not.

The site can't do anything about noobs making posts, yeah they can delete them but then what would be the point iin that? Everyone is entitled to ask for help, yeah some maybe stupid and such but just overlook them mate and see the site for what it really is.

going downhill ? na m8 this forum is going from strenth to strenth :Cheers: Mickey 10years m8 phew thats says it all gaz.

noobies will ask there questions its a fact its wot you do when you dont no answers !
as long as were there to make them feel welcome and answer there questions this will help them gain the knollage to answer the next generation of members so on and so on this is how a Good forum grows and we all benifit from a great community.

I've been here for over a year........first port of call most evenings. i don't post much just love the site for the different threads.
Managed to sort out my brother's box the other week reasonable easilly as I'd read loads of tips on flashing etc.
Saved a few pounds on the bargain threads too.
It's a great site, diverse in every way.........something for everyone.
If I need techy help on anything.....this is my first stop...........then moneysaving expert........lol

Thanks to all those that keep it going.

all these newbies are gr8 my post count has increased loads since the keyroll method changed....b4 that most new as much as me, or more and the questions were beyond my knowledge, im starting to feel useful lol .....

I've been here for over a year........first port of call most evenings. i don't post much just love the site for the different threads.
Managed to sort out my brother's box the other week reasonable easilly as I'd read loads of tips on flashing etc.
Saved a few pounds on the bargain threads too.
It's a great site, diverse in every way.........something for everyone.
If I need techy help on anything.....this is my first stop...........then moneysaving expert........lol

Thanks to all those that keep it going.

i like money savings expert aswell :)

Its probably the only other forum i use apart from phpdev sites etc

But comon the site is not going down hill these kinda threads will always get both negative views from the author and those that agree and also the members and mods that do not because i see it like this

When someone says a site is going downhill you are judging there work here the mods/admins (i wont include myself ;)) do a fantastic job and they really try to do the best for everyone and that also includes allot of members that help out.

Just because newbies post allot of the same information does not mean that the site is going in the wrong direction it just means there is allot of posts here and sometimes it is not so easy to spot everything.

And how can you expect a site to grow if we jump on a newbie because he asks a question that someone else has asked it would not be fair to say that every newbie has a forum experience and we should promote and point them in the right direction and not jump on them because they posted something already posted.

But i also understand what you are saying it can be annoying to keep seeing the same threads over and over again.

Regards
Mickie D

Also on the point of newbies, it is a solid sign that the forum is going in the right direction, more newbies means the site is certainly getting seen and is expanding.

I for one would see it as a worrying sign if we were not seeing many newbies asking about things.

Also on the point of newbies, it is a solid sign that the forum is going in the right direction, more newbies means the site is certainly getting seen and is expanding.

I for one would see it as a worrying sign if we were not seeing many newbies asking about things.

Just out of curiousity.....do you think that this site is TOO easy to find considering its content?

from my point of view i have been here a long time
(fook off all who say im old )

but what u say about newbies asking for help which has been answered before
yes it has many many times
but and this is it the same questions will be asked many many more times that is the thing with forums
as a newbie u may not have joined a forum before and have no idea how the work
have any of you looked at the chat box and seen how many newbies have put a question or a word there thinking that that is a search point????
well they do
and no we shouldnt ridicule them
why because as i have stated they r newbioes

just think of it this way
one of todays newbies may in the not to far future hack sky
and why not so back off and help the newbies dont shoot them down
remember we have all been there

Nothing wrong with the content mate.

Talking about cable boxes and stuff is not exactly illegal.

The site does not give any direct links to illegal download sites and such.

I think admin know how far to go when it comes to borderline legal/illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back