why is my clone showing 2 macs?!!

bhatti00

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have finally managed to clone my 200 with a mac a few streets away from but not in my gateway. so its close but not too close, also tried far adresses as well.

the problem im getting is that when going into the modem interface using 192.168.100.1

it is showing the clone address (not the problem)
but the USB MAC address is totally different why is this ? i think this causing me a problem with trying to get my modem to work as no i.p address is being picked up other than the usual 192.168.100.10
ps i know :
an ip starting 192 means youve either got no signal (but there is powering coming from the signal as area is close by) or the mac is not recognised by the cc ( it is definately an nthell mac address.

i have tried some from my area other from other areas in my town but with no luck... anyone help me please? thanks
:Cheers:

here's the info thats showing

Cable Modem Configuration
Type : Ambit ETH/USB Combo Cable Modem Cable modem : Ambit Cable Modem
MAC address : 00:02:7B:68:DA:10 USB MAC address : 00:02:7B:19:0B:7D

I would NOT put that information up if i was you.
I got a few modems from eBay.
Here's my thinking.
I think most of the peeps i bought them off just moved house with the modem or moved into a house with them in the garage etc,
Flog it on eBay.
There must be a somewhere details of serial numbers etc.
Ntl got to look on here now and again(p*ss-*fff): shocked2
They find the last registered owner with the details you put up write to them and say what you do with that box.
They say i sold it to name750 he lives at 10 downing street( i don't actually that's a joke):Jester:
Etc. etc
Don't need that shite

Don't want to worry you but best edit it in my humble opinion.
How do you know that the next street is OK if it ain't working.
woturecon

am using usb (ps mac address is slightly altered so it is not a real one im just using it for demonstration purposes.

i have tried using just ethernet cable also
i have tried alot of macs both close and far range but no luck still
can u help ?

i know cos i got them from a mates machine whos on nthell

no not tried spoofing using smac ... thought that was only for ethernet cable ?

m8 the somple answer is that its showing ur mac id for usb connection lmao..... ignore it bro if it says hardware address 1337:1337:1337:1337 or whatever then thats ur actual mac m8 not the usb one and i havent done naything like nic cloneing or whatever just put anew mac on whacked in me router and bam im here.. lol :Cheers:

is it normal for the root page to show 2 different macs ? or should the macs both be the same ?

hmmm im optimistic download SMAC as we speak ... using my gprs through my phone at the moment to be on here

4kb/s lol :)

ok b3nnyboy answer this if you can
why's my ambit 200 not working ? clone is sucessful but nothing doing?
tried at least 12 different macs and getting sick of trying em ...

not one works and they are from various areas around my town some far and some close to home (a mile away and less) i surely should be getting on with one ? even if it does conflict but not even finding that...

lol dont laugh lads 4kb/s is broadband speed for me ... lol
wish they'd speed o2 up ...

m8 right om not being rude here ok but of like 10-15 people i know if have done it no problem then i cant answer why yours doesnt work all it is a few lines of code and a mac... so check ur settings and everything make sure it hasnt been updated mine works percfectly.... i cant understand why yours doesnt sorry m8 :eek: ill try to help you but i think its something your end maybe the macs i think it might be this like coz i cant see what else anyone else?

Back