Why do people hang their flat screens in silly places?

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
Why do people hang their TV's 8 feet above the floor?

Do they think they are in a fooking pub?

IMO, a TV should be mounted approximately level with your head when you are seated, so you are looking directly AT the screen and not 3/4's way up your wall.

In the early days of Big screen TV's, in the days when only pubs had them, they would hang then high on the wall so as most people would be able to see the screen over the heads of all the punters. Makes perfect sense, but not in your average Joes front room it doesn't.

Why are people copying what they see in a pub?

Bunch of dicks.

It needs to stop!

I can never understand why people hang them above fireplaces. Unless you watch lying tipped back in a sofa, you end up with a sore neck.

Yeah my brother in law has put his up quite high, i think he did it so the kids couldnt touch it lol

It's ok if you are lying on the sofa, otherwise you get a crick in your neck.

We have an open fire as well as central heating, i love lighting a real fire in the winter, nothing like it :)

my bedroom one is up at the ceiling at an angle /
i'm usually lieing down when i'm watching it though :proud:

Sorta makes sense that though.

There is a teenager along the road from me who has an panel fitted to the ceiling, he would need to lie on his back to see it.

Last night I was walking the Dog and I was walking past an area of sheltered housing for old folks. I noticed that an old fella that I talk to had a new TV fitted and it was almost touching his ceiling. The telly looked to be about 37" and his living room is tiny.

Somehow I think he was TOLD that's where these new tellys go.

See thats another thing i dont get, why do ppl have fire places when they have central heating?

Because central heating is piss. :)

I'd love to rip out my gas fire and install coal, ahh bliss.

Because central heating is piss. :)

I'd love to rip out my gas fire and install coal, ahh bliss.

aaaaahhhhhh

nothing beats a coal fire

then when you when walk out the living room everywhere else is fookin baltic!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

I've often wondered if the rising heat and crap that comes out of fires can actually affect the screen when they put them there.

The old father-in-law bought a 50" plasma a couple of months back and rammed it up above the fireplace, when I told him he was being a silly bugger, he says naw that's where the salesman told hem to put it, daft old git, doesn't half hurt your neck trying to watch it like.

:Cheers:

i recently just took out my fireplace, lopped 6" off the bottom and refitted - Tv ain't that bad now, not too high at all and makes a MASSIVE amount of difference to the room, means everything isn't now pointing at 1 corner, 1 point of view. we now have 2 smaller sofas opposite each other and a chesterfield wingback as the masters chair! the room looks so much more balance and symetrical.

well.. it's important to me! ;)

has nobody else noticed that witchy said that when he pretends to walk the dog, hes actually out looking in through old mens windows???

college girls, yeh, but old men??? even the teenager was a 'he'

something very lemony going on there

the boys in blue should be informed. :)

yeh -- mention blue, canny get rid of him. :)

Here's Rodders latest setup

t-v-through-the-window.jpg

I heard that v14 offered advice on how to get a better picture.

has nobody else noticed that witchy said that when he pretends to walk the dog, hes actually out looking in through old mens windows???

college girls, yeh, but old men??? even the teenager was a 'he'

something very lemony going on there

Well, I do have Lemonparty.org as my Homepage. ;)

I can never understand why people hang them above fireplaces. Unless you watch lying tipped back in a sofa, you end up with a sore neck.

think thats the worse place by far... lol

Back