Why Chelsea are disliked

xXx

Inactive User
Reaction score
Chelski - Boring to watch as they are so rigid in their formation. There is very little movement from any of the Chelski players. The wide men stick to the touchline in an effort to stretch the match. Makelele just sits in front of the back four never going ahead of Lampard. The two full backs just defend. They never get forward to support the wingers or even make a run beyond them. They show a real lack of ambition.

I wont comment on Drogba other than to say I hate the cheating, moaning, diving kunt!! He is all that is wrong with modern football.

Chelsea defend deep and show a lack of ambition to get behind the other team.

The way Chelsea keep their shape, their level of positional discipline, goes beyond the great George Graham teams, but there is less momentum, so it’s not exciting.

The introduction of Arsene Wenger to British football brought a a degree of fresh air to our game.
Arsene Wenger has long been regarded as somewhat of a football enigma. He is a respected manager, who espouses confidence in both himself and his team. He speaks like a child of the enlightenment, an apparent champion of football purity. The eleven players that he sends onto a football pitch, be it at Highbury, the San Siro or the Reebok Stadium, can always be counted on to play exciting, entertaining football. At its best, the flow of an Arsenal attack can be as graceful as a nymph and as powerful as the Mississippi.

Wenger now stands as the most successful manager in the club’s history, with seven major honours in the last nine years. He has garnished a reputation as possibly the most astute talent spotter in Europe, turning promising youth players into some of the best footballers in the world. He has banished the past legacies of ‘Boring Boring’ Arsenal by cultivating fluency and creativity in the his team’s style of play. The results have richly entertained a Highbury faithful.

The introduction of jose @ chelsea has taken british footbal back 20 years, to a bygone era that long suffered the robotic offside traps of the George Graham and Bruce Rioch days.

I would have to agree with you on most of the comments but especially on drogba and dont think much of him as a striker.........they have more competancy in strikers on the bench like Eider but are not used.

I think the uderlying reason people hate chelsea is of the money and they have the funds to exagerate players selling prices when they are worth nowhere near that price (so they generally get who they want). They also conduct themselves as if they are above everything in football.

I think we have come a long way since the george Graham era, especially in the way we play footbal, in a time where some clubs are having problems filling there grounds Arsenal dont really have that problem, infact the demand is greater than supply, this is evident in the tickets being sold out even though they are priced quite high; in comparison to other clubs.

I dont believe chelsea are building an empire but are buying one. However as with all revolutions the roman one will come to a grinding halt and a new order will prevail, it may be arsenal it may be another team......

Chelski fans remain quiet...bet half of 'em still don't know how to get to the bridge....

Prob still end up at Old Trafford...must be difficult switching teams then to be expected to find the ground.

Lol. Kam.

I think they are disliked because like Man utd they have money. Not many teams honestly have the reveunue Man utd does which creates jealousy

:(

Not everyone hates chelsea and the people that do, hate them because they have 'bought success' and look set to dominate the premiership for quite a while. regarding them being 'boring to watch' no one is forced to watch them.

'They show a real lack of ambition' you say. teams need to play to their strengths. chelsea have the defensive qualities which is why they have only conceded 7 goals in 13 premiership games this season. also they have scored more goals than either manchester united or arsenal.

stevedw said:
Not everyone hates chelsea and the people that do, hate them because they have 'bought success' and look set to dominate the premiership for quite a while. regarding them being 'boring to watch' no one is forced to watch them.

'They show a real lack of ambition' you say. teams need to play to their strengths. chelsea have the defensive qualities which is why they have only conceded 7 goals in 13 premiership games this season. also they have scored more goals than either manchester united or arsenal.

Most clubs try and buy success, it is of course all relative based upon your clubs finances.

The boring tag is applied due to the manner in which they play. Chelsea are representatives for the premiership. A negative style of play reflects badly on our league. Real Madrid spend, spend, spend yet play positive football. Same can be said for Barcelona....

Like it or not, they have taken the English game back 20 years plus...in thier negative manner.

With managers such as george graham in our illustrius past, i am indeed the last to criticise such tactics. Like it or not, i've simply illustrated facts.

Kam71 said:
Like it or not, they have taken the English game back 20 years plus...in thier negative manner.

20 YRS BACK LEAGUE

1990/1991 1 Barclays First Division 2nd 38 23 7 8 77 40 76
1989/1990 1 Barclays First Division 1st 38 23 10 5 78 37 79
1988/1989 1 Barclays First Division 2nd 38 22 10 6 65 28 76
1987/1988 1 Barclays First Division 1st 40 26 12 2 87 24 90
1986/1987 1 Today First Division 2nd 42 23 8 11 72 42 77
1985/1986 1 Canon First Division 1st 42 26 10 6 89 37 88
1984/1985 1 Canon First Division 2nd 42 22 11 9 68

CUPS

1988/1989 F.A. Cup Final Sat 20 May Liverpool 3 - 2 Everton

1985/1986 F.A. Cup Final Sat 10 May Liverpool 3 - 1 Everton
played at Wembley

Super Cup Winners

1985-86

Football Association Charity Shield Winners

1986* 1988 1989 1990

not bad and this was 20 yrs back
sodont put chelsea on par with us

they dont play attractive football
the play hand ball or kick u off the pitch
but they have of late been seen by refs
plus mr goal hanger give me the ball
Lampard.

chelsea are hated
because of the manager
arrogant

the 20 years back quote is simply reflective upon styles of play and in no way reflective of success. Chelsea simply don't have the history to be placed on a par with us, and their supporters not the memory to remember their unillustrius past. They we're probably supporing man u two years ago!

george graham was used along with rioch as an example to wen we played with a solid robust team conceeding very few goals. They are tactics that have not been seen by teams winning the league for 20 odd years.

Back